584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Using a Dimensioning Style As a "Default Style"

Using a Dimensioning Style As a "Default Style"

Hey Guys- As the title says. I'm creating a bunch of draft files. I created my own dimension style inside the "smart dimension" callout but if I click off the dimension and then back on again the style is still in the drop down but isn't the "default" style. Is there a way to make the style I created the default style that way I don't have to Load the style for every new draft and then click on the style every time I decide to place a dimension.

Thanks Guys!
    -Nate

setting default style

hei'ya nfrees114, open a blank drawing, right click in drafting area and select "edit sheet format" change as required- exit or right click again for "edit sheet format", file-save sheet format-navigate to Document Templates and save as "yourfile.slddrt", click options-Document Properties/set your standards- resave or rename and save under *.slddrt :rainfro::rainfro::rainfro: kelef

ps then set options, Default Templates and point "Drawings" to your *.slddrt