585,902 active members*
4,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Protel is driving me crazy

Hi i made my cnc proyect and like most of us i want to make my own bords with the machine. But when i export the gerber or dxf or hpgl from protel i dont get clean tracks. Im attaching some images so you can see whats happenig to me. May be its a set up that i have wrong, i dont know.
    Hope someone can help me.
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails protel.jpg  

Hi

I use Protel99 and Protel DXP.

To do the isolation I export under Cam Manager the gerbers and import into Kcam that auto isolates the tracks for me.

Must admit I have not had the tracks breaking like your pictures show.
    When you have exported what are you then using to isolate the tracks?

Regards

Sean.

Hi.

Sorry for breaking into this thread, but Clanzer, I have a similar problem, I use Protel 99SE for making my PCB's, and then make the gerberfiles with it, when I first import a gerber file into Kcam, it places it WAY out the GRID ? (see pic 1).

When I then get zoomed in on it looks VERY weird, certainly NOT something I want to try to mill, the blue line I figure is the milling route ?, but the rest of the lines is milling through one an other and so on ? (see pic 2.) WHAT can I be doing wrong ?

Let me say, that I'm ABSOLUTELY new at milling, so ALL the help I can get is VERY much appreciated.

Best regards from.

Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kcam1.jpg   kcam2.jpg  

chris101,

I sometimes have this problem when exporting to coppercam. Check your origin position in your Protel PCB file.

Hope this helps.....