584,861 active members*
4,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile My first problem

I am new to all of this. I am also a button pusher ?? I must have made a change that now effects what I am trying to do. I tried all of the reset option to default and it does not help. I am getting an error about the size. I am loading the shied model from the DeskProto site. It is coming in at x 130.9603 + .2362 = 131 inches Y also and z at about 70 inches. The error message says this is bigger then my machine. PS : it is also bigger then my house. LoL do I need to reinstall DeskPtoto or can I fix this.

Thank You

It sounds like

The model is in millimeters, but you're working in inches (and living in a very small house). Either switch to millimeters or re-size the model. To re-size the model, go into Part Parameters (right-click) Transform. In the Scale box where it says 1.00000, put 0.0394 to convert it into inches. If you want to work in millimeters, go to Options/Preferences and switch the Measurement Unit to mm instead of inches.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com
    Authorized DeskProto Reseller

Thanks for the reply. I will need to keep this number handy. I will always be working in inches.

Thank You

The other magic number is 25.4 - that's for when you're going the other way, and need to turn inches into millimeters.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Thank you for the numbers. I am saving these as hints. This will be a big help.
    I will be making another post soon and it will be a question .

Don