584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

biesse NC500 jump commands

Hey guys. I run a Biesse rover 23 at work and im finding more and more often that i would like to run one program in origin one and another in origin 4 (mirrored). sometimes just to make sure im always climb cutting on solid timber in both origins, and sometimes simply because i need to drill both sides of the panel and i dont like having multiple programs to run one panel.

my question is: how do u 'automatically' call up the jump command inside NC500 ega editor so that when a mirrored origin is pressed it jumps to a certain line and machines only that portion of the file. its something like JP (61,0) but i dont know how to enter that into the NC500 software.

for example my program will be something like this.

if normal origin is pressed jump to 'origin 1' label or line number.
    else if mirrored origin is pressed jump to 'origin 4' label or line number.
    origin 1:
    cut circle at 100mm radius with IJ co-ords of 101,101, at 10mm deep SX compensation.
    -->Insert stop running programming code here..whateva that is<---
    origin 4:
    cut circle at 100mm radius with IJ co-ords of 101,101, at 10mm deep DX compensation. (which will actually be SX after the machine mirrors the product)
    -->Insert stop running programming code here..whateva that is<---

thanx guys. if anyone can answer this it will save me oodles of time and all the hassle of cataloging multi files for one panel.

ps: i dont want to use jump's in the worklist editor. its troublesome and it still needs 2 files + worklist file.

I have used jumps directly related to PLC conditions on the XNC / NC1000 Biesse controls, but have never had a customer ask if it can be done with the NC400/NC410/NC500 control, so I am not sure.
    You should be able to handle what you want done internally within the program. Write both of the conditions in the main program, identifying each with discreet labels.
    Then use a counter type logic and conditional jumps. If =1 jump to label XX, If equal to 2 jump to label YY, after choice number 2 place a reset command that resets the counter back to 0 ( it needs to be placed strategically so that the reset is jumped over when running in condition 1). This technique will work but it is contingent upon continuous pendulum machining (Left Origin / Right Origin / Left Origin / Right Origin / .....)
    Mark T

thanx for the input. what you are suggesting is essentially the 2 programs + worklist jump idea but only having one program. its better than 2 programs but it still needs the operator to be sure he is pendulum processing..no mistakes otherwise it will end up conventional cutting instead of climb cutting and it will tear the timber to bits.

If i was to go down that road, how do i tell the program to stop machining at this point and go no further? i can do the "if A = 1 jump to label 'mirror'" and that all works, but if A = 0 (or anything other than 1) the machine just runs the entire program (both left and right conditions).

Ummm..Sorta....my technique does not require the program to be run off the worklist.
    You need to program the counter logic in also..counter equals 1 jmp to XX , counter equals 2 jmp to YY, counter equals 3 reset counter and start over = 1 jump top xx.
    When your machine was installed, did the technician make or leave a warmup program?
    If so, you can review that for how to set up a counter in a program.
    Mark T.

well firstly i figured out one way of stopping the program half way thru simply by putting an 'end' label at the end of the program and jumping to that line when i want to stop the program .

as far as the counter logic, i sorta have that done. starts off with A=0 it runs a left panel and makes A=1, next time it will run a right panel because A=1 and once it has done that it will make A=0 again forcing a left program to be run next time...it seems good in theory but in practice im sure it wont work because each time i hit the green button to machine the panel, the program wont remember what it did last time, it will simply have A=0 as is the default in the program. i cant physically test this until monday.

am i supposed to be adding the counter logic to the comment tags in the worklist? i dont know how to manipulate parameters via the comment tag but i believe it can be done.

the tech hasn't left a warmup program for the machine, i just start up a panel and once the router or drilling head is spinning, i turn down the feed overide and let it spin for a couple of minutes in the morning. I should probably write a program which warms up the axis motors also...

I was a Biesse tech and have worked on them for over 12 years...20+ cnc experience, I dont deal in "theory"
    You dont start with A=0, you start with A=A. I said that once started the drawback to this was it will work until you stopthe program. On your control, the program optimizes everytime you activate it, but once optimised it will cycle indefinitely ( you selecting the origins). This technique wont work on the worklist, the program must be ran from the automatic screen.
    To much to go over here, if I get a chance I will send you an example this weekend....feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want or need more...otherwise i have to come to this site every response! Thanks

Mark T.

nice, now i get it. What you are suggesting will work (but u already know that ). I was unaware that the program will optimize and continue to pass variables each time the cycle is started, knowing that makes this stuff simple.

Thanks very much Mark, your a champ.