584,837 active members*
5,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    After doing the changes as instructed by Mark,(changing from scale to resolver reading), the machine was working great. The problem occured when I did a bone headed move, I told the machine to align while I went to replace the covers.
    This is when the table traveled off axis limits...(we think). When I looked at the control touch screen I had the error. I looked in the cabinet and there was the flashing "P".
    I can not remove the resolver cable with out distroying it, I would have to cut off one end,(RS232 or the Canon Plug), and then pull it through the maze of hold downs, clamps and strain reliefs. The power (motor) wire tested good, I will send it if you want, with the motor you just rebuilt.

so you did not replace the feedback cable is what I read here; that means its wires are not crossed. Good. Once you got past the initial P fault, I understand you got into scale feedback issues next. Glad our idea (Randy's) of swapping the scale feedback to our drive output, and documentation we sent you how to do it, is panning out for you. Mark is a great resource and glad he could get you the last 10% there with that change over. Sounds like that last move past end of travel pulled the motor leads and shorted them again, causing another P fault that this time finally took out the drive output stage unfortunately. Let us know how we can help.

Motor leads are fine, re checked wire, all is good there.
    Drive is at UPS on it's way to you.

Re: X-Axis Servo Error

Hi Mike, I am having a problem like this thread but its an Axis Drive Foldback Overload ALARM 39-55. I slide open the X covers and the cable attached to the X-motor is lose and full of grime/coolant/chips. Reply to this if you can or I'll call you later today. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 12