585,737 active members*
4,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fishing lure mold

Hello. My name is Ryan and I make custom hand poured worms. I was wondering if anybody is interested in making any aluminum molds in exchange for hand poured plastics. Obviously, if you are not a fisherman, you prol aren't interested

If this is something you are willing to barter, please let me know. You make the mold of whatever worm design you like and I will hook you up with a bunch of high quality worms in that design. The quality of my worms are top notch. Several professional anglers use my product.

If you are a fisherman, this would be a terrific oportunity to get some custom made baits.

Email me at [email protected] if you are intersted.

just wondering, couldnt you make your own moulds out of lead? the plastic you pour cant be hot enough or strong enough to damage a lead mould could it?

I'm sure you could. I have heard of people using other metals as well such as brass. With lead, I don't know how well it will disapate (sp) the heat. It would also be extremely heavy and bulky feeling. I don't think the quality of pours would come out the same because of this.

The worms are poured at about 300-350 degrees.

Some years back I copied a jighead that was no longer in production:
    Using two joined aluminum blocks I drilled a 1/2" hole down the parting line....separated the two halves....poured JB weld epoxy in both halves...covered both halves with saran wrap so the jig wont stick....I then placed the jig to be copied in one half-block and joined it with the other half block...the excess epoxy squeezed out and when cured I had an exact duplicate of the jig...JB weld can withstand some heat and I was able to make a couple of hundred poured lead-head jigs....
    This might work for you as well and you probably wont need the saran wrap since the worm wont stick to the epoxy.

reason i mention lead is that is easy to work, melt, pour and repair. You can easily make you own moulds for next to nothing and not rely on someone else to do machining for you. I guess it would be heavier, but how large are they anyway? Are you machining rows of moulds in one block maybe? anhyway, good luck with your venture.
    ED