585,970 active members*
4,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Setting tool height and machine zero - Dynapath Delta 10

Setting tool height and machine zero - Dynapath Delta 10

I have a Tree Journeyman 300 with a Dynapath Delta 10 controller. This may sound like a stupid question but I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I am trying to set a tool height, set the machine zero with that tool on the face of a piece of stock, then position the mill at Z0 right over the piece.

Here is what I do:

I set the tool height using a tool height gage. I then enter the data into the Tool Offset page for Tool 2. I jog the tool right over the work piece and machine zero the X, Y and Z axis. I then create a program where I call up the tool M6 T2 and position the tool at X0.,Y0.,Z0. The machine always goes to 0 plus the minus tool 2 offset. Obviously I don't want it to do this. I've tried going to "MDI" (program > N. > M6 T2) and calling up the tool before setting the machine zero, thinking this would automatically call up the tool offset. This does nothing.

What am I doing wrong???

If your using a 2" block for setting tools, the fixture offset would be -2.0. You don't set the fixture offset to the top of the material and a tool offset.

When running one of those old delta 10 controllers the machine zero is the reference machine position. I used to run one of those controllers on a bridgeport. We would set the machine zero position in the center of the axis machine travels and in the setup page there is a HX , HY , and HZ position for the mill to go to at the end of the program. Be sure to tell the z axis HZ + whatever you need it to go up to a safe position before running a program. You can test this on the jog page after you get everything set. Simply press home and toggle the X,Y,and Z to send the axes home to the position you set.