584,865 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Looking for pictures of a DM4400M

Looking for pictures of a DM4400M

I have the older machine. I have started a retrofit. I managed to find the air/hydraulic power drawbar, the pneumatic cylinder, air pressure switch and the pneumatic solenoid block. I was hoping to find someone that can give me good pictures of the mounting points for the pneumatic cylinder that swings the ATC arm in and out and the mounting points as well as the sheetmetal around the power drawbar and a look at what the cap for the hydraulic reservoir looks like.
    Also some idea of which air line goes from the solenoid block to the ATC cylinder, power draw bar and air blast over the spindle.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Marty
    Mesa, AZ

Can anyone help with pics of the ATC pneumatic cylinder and how it attaches to the machine and the ATC? Dimensions of where it mounts would be helpful too.

Thank you
    Marty

Just an FYI, I found what I was looking for and was able to fabricate a new cylinder mount. My old DM4400 was electro mechanical.

Marty, can you share this info? As you see in my other thread I've got a 4400M spindle and need to figure out how the original drawbar was designed/mounted.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post
    Marty, can you share this info? As you see in my other thread I've got a 4400M spindle and need to figure out how the original drawbar was designed/mounted.

Thanks!
    What exactly would you like to know? I have the old mechanical power drawbar off my machine for sale.

Are you the fellow that just bought a spindle and are building a machine around that?

Here is a link to my DM4400 Conversion Picasa Web Album, perhaps it will help:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/marty.escarcega/DynaDM4400

I am! I'm most interested in how it mounts to the spindle itself. I can't quite picture how it was done on the original. I'd like to see where the springs mount and how the presser bar interfaced with the rear end of the spindle shaft.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post
    I am! I'm most interested in how it mounts to the spindle itself. I can't quite picture how it was done on the original. I'd like to see where the springs mount and how the presser bar interfaced with the rear end of the spindle shaft.

Thanks!
    Hmm I won't be able to help you. I don't plan to take the pulley off.
    Marty

I have pics of the DM4400 spindle disassembled and all the components.

The DM4400M was different though.

Timothy
    Dyna Mechtronics DM4400, Bridgeport Discovery 300, HAAS VF-0E, HAAS VF-2D
    BobCad 16, 20, 24 and now V25