586,000 active members*
4,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 2500sy XY Centerline

Puma 2500sy XY Centerline

I'm working with this machine and want to get the X axis on center line. I know the machine has been crashed in the past and I have to move the Y axis about .022 to get it zeroed. It has a Offset 2 page, but when I input the value and program a tool offset and tell it G0X0.Y0. it doesn't move the Y axis. I've tried putting the Y.022 instead of Y0. and the machine begins the motion to position the drill and alarms, telling me to manually Zero the Y axis. It's pretty damn irritating. I'd like to re-align the turret, but obviously time is of the essence, is there something in setting 1815 APC that I can do to re-zero it? Or am I missing something when calling up the Offset 2? Thanks for any advice!

I would assume like any lathe, you need to check the turning tool slot to make sure it's parallel with the x axis first. If that's out, it obviously needs mechanical alignment and you will be chasing your tail trying to fake it in with the y axis.

I've ran an indicator along the tool slot and it is within .ooo5 I also put a long .500 dowel pin in the collet holder and it is strait along Z so its not the holder. I have the turnig holders shimmed to get rid of the tits. I figured having the Y axis would make things easier but so far it hadn't been the case. It seems like the whole turret is off equally all around.

Well, just figure out what direction your off, and how much. Zero return the Y and move that amount in the direction you need, change 1815.4 (should be a 1 right now) to 0. DO NOT shut off the control as the alarm will imply. Go right back and change it back to a 1, then cycle power. Should be right on now.

Disclaimer...this may or may not be the factory way of doing it. It's kind of a shortcut, but also may not work if the machine either uses zero return switches or for some reason non absolute encoder. If it does use zero return switches, you will need to ignore this procedure and adjust the grid shift parameter 1850.

Awesome, I will give it a shot in the morning and let you know how it goes, thanks man.

Here's a procedure from Doosan for resetting XY 0 on a turning center with Y axis. It's like underthe tire said, except you have to do both X and Y at the same time as Y is a compound axis.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks dcoupar, where do you get all these PDF's from? I must have saved ten different ones you've posted, they are really helpful.

I get them from Doosan. We're the reseller in the Pacific Northwest. Glad that the ones I've posted have been useful.

Just want to post an update and thank you guys for the advice. I dialed X,Y in and reset the APC parameters and it was way easier than I though it would be thanks to your guys help. Machine is rockin and rollin!