585,597 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > nm145 coolant pump replacement?

nm145 coolant pump replacement?

my nm145 coolant pump seems to have died (always right before a weekend...). I have warranty so i will contact novakon tomorrow, but if acklands has something in stock then at least I can use it this weekend as planned. Anyone replace the stock pump with something else and has a p/n or spec handy? (preferably from acklands

thanks

I have had trouble with my coolant pump on and off for quite some time. If I don't run the machine within 3-4 days the pumps won't work.

One of two things seem to happen. Gunk forms around the impeller or the shaft seems to stick. Both can be fixed by pulling the pump / motor out by disconnecting the connector and hose. The coolant box doesn't have to come out, just lift the pump up at an angle.

Once out remove the few screws holding the cover of the pump on. Scrape any junk out then turn the impeller by hand until it is freed up.

If you are running a water based coolant you may be able to use a submersible pond pump as a replacement and just drop it in the coolant box.

Charlie.
    Visit http://www.shadowspawnllc.com to see what enhancements I have available for the NM-145.

Thanks Charlie. Turns out I overreacted, it was wiring. But I wouldn't mind hearing about a readily available replacement pump if anyone has used something successfully