584,833 active members*
5,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The CNC Mother Board

Hi Group,

Just wanted to let you know that I have designed and implemented a very versatile and flexible controller board for CNC machines which will play in the Open Source arena. It is called the CNC Mother Board and you can see a picture of the first prototype here: AE-CNC8825-TP

At the moment I have designed two modules that interface with the Mother Board. There is one module for the DRV8811/18 and another module for the DRV8824/25. I will design more modules for the CNC Mother Board in the near future, but in essence anybody can design modules for it.

In essence, this platform is a breakout board, stepper driver, solenoids, home sensors and emergency stop, all-in-one solution. You can add modules as you deem necessary so if all you need is two axis, then two modules it is! If you need three or four, then as well. You can also mix and match which modules you want to use. Cannot think why you would want to do so, but yes you can.

I have been using the full platform for driving my 2x2 Torchmate Plasma cutter with MACH3. I will post a video over the weekend.

If you know of anybody interested in designing a cool looking box for it, feel free to let me know!

what will is cost?