585,668 active members*
4,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

num 1060 or the like

I recently had the chance to work with a french control that went by the name of num and was even lucky enough to spend a week outside of chicago attending classes for this control. Im not sure it was fanuc persey but was definetly in that flavor, Ive worked with tons of diffrent controls over the last 12 or so years but what made this one so killer was its power in using macros, Im no stranger to macros but this control even let you work with the memory stack,access/use rs232 and even the values in the plc. My favorite of these killer tricks was something called dynamic operatrors, they basiclly execute everytime the computers clock ticks possibly thousands of times per second rather than that strict block by block your used to, kinda like a background proccess, anyway Im wondering if anyone else has ever seen this and what other controls may have this I dont think it was fanuc but I could be wrong. Im determined to right an anti-chatter macro and dynamic operators are the key, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

HAHA I just saw that chip sweeper thing I love that

"anti-chartter macro" not sure i follow? Want the machine to compesate some how for chatter?

It will do it, I have been able to do this on that machine by oscillating the spindle speed using dynamic operators.