585,978 active members*
4,430 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 4th axis refuses to enable

V25 4th axis refuses to enable

I have been unable to get 4th axis results from V25. I defined the 4th axis in the setup, but under no circumstances will the "add index" or "add wrapping group" enable.

I have also noticed I am not able to type the letter "p" (or even copy/paste) Capital "P" is ok. Any other letter is ok. No "p" in the name of a tool, name of machine, name of a feature... Using Help to search for say "post processor" shows "ost ocessor".????

Help getting past either issue would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by JEST View Post
    I have been unable to get 4th axis results from V25. I defined the 4th axis in the setup, but under no circumstances will the "add index" or "add wrapping group" enable.

I have also noticed I am not able to type the letter "p" (or even copy/paste) Capital "P" is ok. Any other letter is ok. No "p" in the name of a tool, name of machine, name of a feature... Using Help to search for say "post processor" shows "ost ocessor".????

Help getting past either issue would be nice
    Do you mean they are available but don`t work or are they "greyed out" so you can`t click on them ? ?

If it is the latter then check your Licence, the 4th may not be Licenced for the new 4th axis

Did you specifically buy the new 4th axis because it is now an extra if you have upgraded from V23/V24 you don`t get the new type 4th axis stuff, only the old simple indexing and wrapping

The "p" issue is being sorted, will be in the next update which is due any day now, patience

Regards

2 seats for mill w,4th axis, lathe and 10 disk video series

Greyed out. Cant touch it

2 seats for mill w,4th axis, lathe and 10 disk video series

Greyed out. Cant touch it
    If it is "greyed out" then it is not Licensed, you will need to contact your Sales Rep and get it sorted if you have paid for the extra 4th Axis.

Check under the "Help > License", see attached image, what you have paid for will be shown by a check in a Green box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	License.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	168334

Not to be confused with the basic 4th axis that is included in V25, you may have been told that V25 has a 4th axis and it does but not the "full blown" simultaneous one with all the "magic" toolpaths etc

Regards

Was not me lol...
    4th axis was not enabled. that problem solved.
    Thanks!!!

Still no word on why the letter "p" is a no no...........

Still no word on why the letter "p" is a no no...........
    It's a fault in the program that is being fixed. For now, you can use copy and paste with notepad or something until it's fixed.