585,763 active members*
4,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Novakon Torus Pro (NM-200v3.1) Assembly and Modification Thread
Page 4 of 6 23456
    Looks awesome!

Love a coolant system that isn't wimpy and can push those chips out of the way. Some of the flood coolant systems guys without enclosures run are fine for lubrication, but the flow is so minimal it looks to me like they'd be better off with mist for chip clearing.

Cheers,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Well that's reduced the space for tool changer access if you ever to decide to add one.

Looks awesome!

Love a coolant system that isn't wimpy and can push those chips out of the way. Some of the flood coolant systems guys without enclosures run are fine for lubrication, but the flow is so minimal it looks to me like they'd be better off with mist for chip clearing.

Cheers,

BW
    Thanks Bob. Please keep writing articles. They're great for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Well that's reduced the space for tool changer access if you ever to decide to add one.
    I thought about this too. I would re-machine a "half moon" coolant ring to give access for the tool changer. Honestly, a tool changer would be really far off right now, but a draw-bar.......:bat:

Rain Drops are Falling on My Head

Changed the door design after having a meltdown from the incessant drops of coolant on my head. The new design is two bi-folding doors that open to the inside of the enclosure. Result? No more drips on me or the floor. Much better :cheers:.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0702.JPG   CIMG0703.JPG   CIMG0706.jpg  

Excellent! Do you have any plans? An enclosure exactly like that is #1 on my ToDo list as soon as my machine gets here.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    Excellent! Do you have any plans? An enclosure exactly like that is #1 on my ToDo list as soon as my machine gets here.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    I'll shoot you the cad files tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM RCModels View Post
    I'll shoot you the cad files tonight.
    Thanks!

Regards,
    Ray L.

Turner's Cube

This is my first post coolant upgrade project. The cuts were significantly improved; no chatter, tool didn't overheat, chip evacuation was a non-issue.

Post Cut Wrap-up at 2:00

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6pvIQHmIs]Turner's Cube - YouTube[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0715.JPG   CIMG0720.JPG  

Absolutely beautiful !!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!
    pete

Outstanding.

Competitors look out. Looks fantastic, sounds sweet!

Of course you realize you have just made the wait for my new one that much more difficult.

Glad to see you are so satisfied.

John

Sounds GREAT and the cube came out beautiful!

I think I'm going to make getting an enclosure built and setting up some liquid cooling a priority now. Both will probably look pretty similar to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMachining View Post
    Of course you realize you have just made the wait for my new one that much more difficult.
    Oh! So you're one of the guys holding my MY machine! :-)

Regards,
    Ray L.

Ray

Quilty as charged. However, depending on your perspective, you may be delaying mine! How about we flip for it.

John

MRM

Any chance you could post the code for the cube. I would like to try it on my series 1 for comparison

Thanks, John

MRM

Any chance you could post the code for the cube. I would like to try it on my series 1 for comparison

Thanks, John
    Sure. The Cube is 2in x 2in x 2in.

Edit: This code is for one side only. Flip to the next side and repeat code.

I, like many of you, have amassed quite a few Tormach Tool Holders. Here's a shot of my next project to coral them all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tool Holder.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

MRM

Thanks for the code. Will try shortly.

John

MRM

Thanks for the code. Will try shortly.

John
    No Problem.

Have you ever priced CNC tool carts? I did = Cheapest tooling cart I could find

IMHO they are severely overpriced for what they are, so I'm rolling my own for less that half the cost. Here are a few shots. My cart has four shelves with room for 18 tools each for a total of 76 TTS tools. Each shelf height can be set individually to accommodate a wide variety of tool lengths. The shelves are topped with 0.25in Acylic engraved with each tool number/position. The tools are also marked to avoid confusion. The whol thing will roll on four 3" casters. Probably going to add some attachments for wrenches and such until I get the PDB worked out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tooling Cart + Engraving.jpg   Tooling Cart-Zoom In.jpg  

It's been a while since posting. The Pro is still cranking out parts and gallons of chips. My last project was a set of light brackets (pis 1-3). Everything was made by the Pro including the fixture plate (faced by a 2.2 in fly cutter --smooth--). The only problem to date is fowling of the coolant by tramp oil. Solved it by adding a dual port fish tank bubbler (pics 4-5). Problem solved!

I've been using carbide exclusively in the mill untill now. Going to try some 2-flute HSS recommended by Ray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0809.JPG   CIMG0814.JPG   CIMG0816.JPG   CIMG0822.JPG  

CIMG0825.JPG  

How does a fish tank bubbler help with tramp oil? What does it do?

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    How does a fish tank bubbler help with tramp oil? What does it do?

Regards,
    Ray L.
    The tramp oil formed a layer on top of the coolant. Bacteria started forming in there due to the lack of oxygen. The bubbler brakes the tramp oil layer and oxygenates the coolant.

Page 4 of 6 23456