584,800 active members*
4,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SpaceClaim 2012

So you folks know that Spacecalim 2012 is out. this software is growing leaps and bounds in the Cad industry so I would keep my eyes on it. I just got my 2012 release.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

You are totally right, They actually released 2012+ and added even more tools.

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    So you folks know that Spacecalim 2012 is out. this software is growing leaps and bounds in the Cad industry so I would keep my eyes on it. I just got my 2012 release.
    This year my company became an authorized Reseller of Spaceclaim for MN ND SD and IA If you are in my area and are interested send an E-Mail to [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    I know it is an old thread, but I have SpaceClaim for 6 months now, and like it a lot. Easy to use, though the Keyshot modeling add on does not seem up to the job.
    Having said that, I have only used that twice, and maybe I am doing something wrong, need more time to appraise it. With SpaceClaim I am very happy though.

I've been using Spaceclaim for about 5 years (I think) now. It's super fast to model, we also use Solidworks, and it's the shiz to be able to go back and forth between the two.

Keyshot works OK, the oddest thing about it is that it pegs all 4 cores of my i7 machine to 100% when it's running. I emailed Keyshot support but they said not to worry! Yeah, right. I wouldn't worry if I had a water cooled cpu, but with my stock fan that thing gets hot quick. I think that's the only drawback on Keyshot. Other than that, it renders well enough for our needs.

One trick I had to figure out is that if you want different finishes on things in Keyshot, you have to specify different materials in Spaceclaim. It is "smart" in the sense all 6061 components get the finish you select, all 1018 gets that finish, etc...

Been a long time since SpaceClaim had a major update. 2012+ has been out over a year. It's almost 2014!!
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

There have been some updates to 2012, but I agree it's been a while for a major one.
    I have 2 friends who work there. There is an all new release coming soon.