586,005 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help bobcad lathe mach3 turn

hello need some help just converted my lathe to cnc im using bobcad lathe as cam the problem im having is any radiuses on my part seem to be backwards instead of arcing to make the raius it gouges into the part if that makes sence kinda foloeing the rong derection of a circle instead of cutting lets say twenty or so degrees of a arck it cuts the remander 340 degrees hope that makes sence

oh ya one more thing in bobcad the toolpath is correct it follows the radius corectly but when loading the code into mach the tool path showes it cutting the other side of the arc
    the line of code that seems to be the problem is
    G03 X.24 Z-.034 K-.066 I-.0829 F5

I think there is a reverse arch setting in mach3 lathe. I can't exactly remember where I saw it.
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

edit,
    posted in the wrong thread
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

thankyou i found it its in the ports and pins settings under lathe options i saw it there yesterday it says reverse arcs in text didnt pay much attention to it woke up at five this morning and said hey wait a second how the heck do u cut text on a lathe lol sometimes im not smart enuoph for this stuff lol thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by hanover owing View Post
    thankyou i found it its in the ports and pins settings under lathe options i saw it there yesterday it says reverse arcs in text didnt pay much attention to it woke up at five this morning and said hey wait a second how the heck do u cut text on a lathe lol sometimes im not smart enuoph for this stuff lol thanks for the help
    Glad you got it working!
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

can anyone tell me why when cutting a thread on my lathe when it calls for g01 to move from the retracted point into the thread it crawls at .07 inches per min its moving about .375 so it takes like a min to move that .375 when i use the wizard to cut threads everything works great but when i use bobcad i get the slow moves in bobcad i dont see a setting for feed because its a thread so the system determins the feed rate a lill stumped any help would be much appretiated