Hello there people,

This maybe posted in the wrong palce and i'm sorry if it is, and if so could you please point me in the right direction, thanks.

What i'm wondering is if anyone knows a way to get gcode or drawings to for a 4th axis router/mill to do tube coping (scolloping).

The reason i ask this is a work in a place with a laser cutter that has 4th axis/tube cutting on it.

I have seen it programmed and worked with some of the parts and because of the way the tube and laser works the software "compensates"a little for the irregulaties and wall thickness.

um the only other thing i can think of to explain it is at the longest point of say a 45 deg angle you would need to work it out so the cutter was stright from that point less wall thickness at the angle, at the shortest point ov the angle (inside of angle) you would just use it as is.

so i'm just wondering if there is any software out there thats affordable to be able to do this or not, i have seen a website but and found a deer i say it mach program which i'll post to see if anyone can help me.

sorry if i kinda went round in circle but hope you can understand if you read this as i'm not great putting questions into english on here.

the links are as follows:

TUBE COPING program for the mach program

Tube Coping Calculator for the web version spitting out a flat pattern.

Thanks for any help anyone

Will