586,005 active members*
5,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: cut path

cut path

Hello,
    I have been trying to get a pattern cut that has 3 or 4 pcs and some of the lines are white, green, blue and purple. When I try to convert to a cut path I get a green line with little circles along the path that were not there when I checked to make sure the lines were good. What color should my lines be to make a cut?

It all has to be purple in order to convert to a cut path. Sometimes it is necessary to trim the cut path lines after converting them. Also check for intersections in the cut path. There might be lines that are not linked and that can cause the cut path not to be created. Check out plasma pig on the yahoo groups or the Plasmacam owners community through their site, Plasmacam.com. There is tons of info pertaining to this machine and software on there!!

When you make a cut path the line is blue (the path that the torch will follow). When you are ready to cut, highlight the lines to make them green.

One really great thing that I enjoy about the DesignEDGE is that you can do a cut preview before you burn metal. This will test the integrity of your drawing. Once you have established a cut path around an object, go to machine and then cut preview and it will show you (in real time) exactly the path that the torch will take prior to cutting anything out. If all looks good in the preview, then you can feel confident and make the cut happen.

Make sure to check out the video manual...Look at chapters 5 and 6 (covers the software). They cover it really well in there. If you need you to, you can also call the tech guys at 719-676-2701.

White = Line that is not a shape.
    Purple = Solid object.
    Blue = Tool path (path that the cutter will take).
    Green = Indicates a line of the object has been selected for editing or cutting

- Richard