584,830 active members*
5,692 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Configuration got corrupted, created a new xml file but par-port doesn't work anymore

Configuration got corrupted, created a new xml file but par-port doesn't work anymore

I messed something up by trying to open a file before it was saved all the way, and the xml got messed up. So after wishing I would have had a backup, I attempted to just start from scratch, but now my par-port inputs do not work. I have verified that the base address is correct, and have ended up uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but to no avail. If I boot into linux, linuxcnc still works fine, so it is not the hardware. Any ideas short of reinstalling windows?
    Thanks,
    CP

Quote Originally Posted by CptanPanic View Post
    I messed something up by trying to open a file before it was saved all the way, and the xml got messed up. So after wishing I would have had a backup, I attempted to just start from scratch, but now my par-port inputs do not work. I have verified that the base address is correct, and have ended up uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but to no avail. If I boot into linux, linuxcnc still works fine, so it is not the hardware. Any ideas short of reinstalling windows?
    Thanks,
    CP
    I think if you look in the Mach folder there is a Backup xml folder(I think). The files have a different file extension though. Drag and drop one(from a time period that worked) up into the Mach folder and change the extension to .xml. If its your lucky day it should work. If it does work make a backup. Hopefully my mind remembers correctly.

Good Luck
    Mike

Thanks alot, that helped.