585,728 active members*
4,291 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

110v China Plasma cutter

Have any of you had any success using these 110v plasma cutters in a cnc application? I see them popping up everywhere cheap I've seen a few you tube vids of one on a torchmate seems to work well.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBXKI_CZlM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBXKI_CZlM[/ame] I can get one from a local dealer for $350 Such as this one that looks identical to this one on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMADRE-PORT...item27cbe6051f

Feedback appreciated!
    www.decalpro.ca

You get exactly what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by plain ol Bill View Post
    You get exactly what you pay for.
    Exactly.

I have trouble believing this is going to be a true 50 amp machine on either 110/220v. There is a reason a Hypertherm Powermax 45 cost $1700 and runs on 220. I really doubt you will get to their rated cuts, if you do its going to be so slow you wont be able to use it on a machine plus these cheap machines are known to create a lot of "noise" so beware of machine use. I originally purchased a Hobart 500i off Amazon, that thing would barely cut 3/8" at a reasonable speed on 220v. Sent it back to Amazon and went to Hypertherm and havent looked back since. The Powermax 45 easily cuts 3/8 and will do whats it is rated for and more. Sorry if this looks like an ad for Hypertherm but they really are that good.

I have a Powermax myself on my Bigger machine you don't need to convince me there, I know it's a great machine. I want to build a portable smaller Machine and would like to cut light guage running off 110v.
    www.decalpro.ca

I have a cut50. Different color, but same thing. I used it on 110v for a while for thin stuff like cutting the top out of a 55 gal. drums, etc.
    It has a pretty short duty cycle on 110v before it gets warm enough to trip a breaker.
    I changed it to 220v and it works fine up to 3/8, never tried anything thicker with it. Goes through consumables pretty quick too.
    Bottom line is it's fine for down and dirty quick stuff, but I wouldn't recommend it on 110v only......

Vidio1, how long do you think it takes until it trips out on 110v?
    www.decalpro.ca

Just a few minutes, 15 or 20 maybe.

15-20 min is a lot better than I expected. I bet with modified cooling that could be improved. I did that to my 1st china welder someone gave me for free. I replaced the stock fan to a much higher CFM never tripped out for me after that.
    www.decalpro.ca

Why do you say that the plasma cutter of video and the ebay one are the same?
    I think they are very different, although i can't see the generator in the youtube video.
    In the video i see a trafimet (or trafimet like) s45 torch, which has a blow back tecnology inside that lets the start be low frequency and low tension.
    The plasma cutter in the ebay page has a completely static torch, so it's surely a high tension start, which will generate pently of disturbs. I had it or similar ( mio taglio plasma ), it made my cnc useless so i sold it to buy one with a trafimet torch.
    I'm italian and i found this from germany:
    PROLOX60
    but you are canadian so will not have problem to buy an everlast powerplasma 50.

Re: 110v China Plasma cutter

I bought a CT312 3n1 120/240 but power cor is a standard 120v house type plug how do I get to 240v?
    If anyone with knowledge could be helpful it would be greatly appreciated.