585,599 active members*
3,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 5T LED's inpersonating a christmas tree - help please

Fanuc 5T LED's inpersonating a christmas tree - help please

I have a Mori Seiki with Fanuc 5T controller.
    an intermitant problem has now become permanent where all the top LED's on the control panel light up when I fire up the controller.

A while back I fixed this problem by cleaning connectors and the pins of removable IC's. But this time this hasn't worked.

I know this christmas tree of LED's is not a good sign and can be an indicator of many different and potentially serious porblems.

Aside from major problems such as blown boards etc, what other problems might there be that can be more easily checked?

2nd question is about DNC (Dan fritz?), I'm still learning about this upgrade but would appreciate a rundown on the advantages for the 5T controller and whether it might help me avoid some future problems? (assuming I fix the current one that is). I love my Durassic Mori and want to keep her going!

anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenal View Post
    I have a Mori Seiki with Fanuc 5T controller.
    an intermitant problem has now become permanent where all the top LED's on the control panel light up when I fire up the controller.

A while back I fixed this problem by cleaning connectors and the pins of removable IC's. But this time this hasn't worked.

I know this christmas tree of LED's is not a good sign and can be an indicator of many different and potentially serious porblems.

Aside from major problems such as blown boards etc, what other problems might there be that can be more easily checked?

2nd question is about DNC (Dan fritz?), I'm still learning about this upgrade but would appreciate a rundown on the advantages for the 5T controller and whether it might help me avoid some future problems? (assuming I fix the current one that is). I love my Durassic Mori and want to keep her going!

I just answered you in a different thread.

Check the power supply for cold solder joints. I did have the christmas tree also before I fixed mine.

Regards

jolulank

tks jolulank.
    I'll be going thru each board looking for cold solders and gummy connectors.
    Fingers crossed!