586,024 active members*
4,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > need help bobcad lathe mach3 turn threading

need help bobcad lathe mach3 turn threading

ive tryed all of bobcads lathe pp the one that i find works the best with turning is mach3 lathe rev 1 BUT when threading the lead in on thread passes it done with a g01 from what i gather thats a move with a feed rate not a rapid move well bob cad doesnt post a feed just go1 x lets say .24 should there be a feed rate in that line ? if so how do i edit the pp to make it post that feed or is that a pre determend feed rate in mach and where would i find that setting ? the problem is when it calls g01 the move is soooooooooo slow somthing like 1 ipm or slower

ok so after looking at it some more i guess my first question sounds prity dtupid i get it g01 is a move at the feed rate set in the cam so i guess it has somthing to do with the infeed to the thread g01 works fine in a turning operation but in threading its super slow .07 ipm to be exact so im wondering is it feeding in from the retracted point at a angle and my cv settings are off any help would be apretaisted might have better luck in a mach 3 forum just not sure at this point if its bobcad or mach that my settings are off