585,978 active members*
4,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > collision pair:'tool, stock'
Page 1 of 2 12

collision pair:'tool, stock'

When I run the simulator I get this error, Invalid collision pair:'tool, stock' Customer support has worked on fixing it 3 times, each time it works for a little while then back to the same ol... Also this software crashes a LOT anyone else having any of these issues

Quote Originally Posted by wmbeau View Post
    Also this software crashes a LOT anyone else having any of these issues
    No. Post your bbcd file here to have a look.

Burr

FYI That was the issue I had, Walter spent 40 minutes in my PC, it was never resolved and they sent me a link for the "roll back", so still on Build 678 But that works

I too would be interested in a solution

Regards

For what it's worth, I get that a lot but if I close simulation and re launch it it goes away.

I also would be interested in the source of this problem but if it happens again, try just closing the simulation window starting it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    For what it's worth, I get that a lot but if I close simulation and re launch it it goes away.

I also would be interested in the source of this problem but if it happens again, try just closing the simulation window starting it again.
    Never worked, we tried everything, it was opened and closed opened and closed dozens of times and never worked at all

It has to be something to do with the 64 bit system as I have the latest build 769 running fine in Demo mode but 32 bit on the same PC (It`s Dual Boot), unfortunately I don`t have another PC right now with Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS to test on so I have stayed on the 678 Build for now

Regards

I've tried restarting, rebooting, reinstall, re this and re that... without luck, BobCad has opend my files and run them without any problems. On another note: I thought the "p" and the "r" typing issue was supposed to be fixed in this new 769 build? So many bugs so many crashes, sure would like to follow this up with something good

If you have no p,give a check to make sure your on the latest update.Build 769.That is fixed here.Go to Help,about BobCad,the buld # is listed there.

I'm running build 769... Just installed on a 32 bit machine, the simulator ran 2 times then the same thing. Invalid collision pair:'tool, stock' on any drawing I try from primitive solid to a complex mold cavity and core.

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Never worked, we tried everything, it was opened and closed opened and closed dozens of times and never worked at all

It has to be something to do with the 64 bit system as I have the latest build 769 running fine in Demo mode but 32 bit on the same PC (It`s Dual Boot), unfortunately I don`t have another PC right now with Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS to test on so I have stayed on the 678 Build for now

Regards
    Bummer. I would be more than a little disappointed if that happened to me. It did take me a bit to realize that without the "Pro" simulation I can only use the BobCAD_Sim machine to simulate. I kept crashing it by trying to change it.

Unless I'm wrong? I'm still a little unclear about the simulation and what "works" and what doesn't for the standard user.

I'm still a little unclear about the simulation and what "works" and what doesn't for the standard user.
    I think it is a standard simulation, as you saw with the previous stuff. When you get pro, you get to define your own machine.

I saw the errors right at the begining, when I was "trying to setup a machine".... I switched modes and am in the process of modifying one of the posts that pairs with the machine, to output how my brother likes it.

Yep, I encountered the same thing. Per your lead, I modified one of the new posts also (BC_3x_Mill.MillPst). I'm very particular about the posted code being "unedited" and consistent with the programs I've written by hand for years. I'm still stuck on a sequencing problem but as long as I remember to renumber the program first thing after loading into the machine I'm pretty well running the same as I was before.

I keep threatening a thread about my first part with Build 769, I should work on that here in a bit, lol. Open pocketing works great, especially if you need a separate XY (wall) and Z (floor) tolerance.

Drifting back on topic, I hope to learn more about the collision detection. When I had the tool-stock error, I thought I had messed up the Machine Definition. I just now looked and realize I actually DELETED the "cc" in there. Related?

I'm still stuck on a sequencing problem but as long as I remember to renumber the program first thing after loading into the machine I'm pretty well running the same as I was before.
    I saw that go by. Can you point to it again. Maybe I'll take a stab, but I usually dont do much better than you have found.

I keep threatening a thread about my first part with Build 769, I should work on that here in a bit, lol. Open pocketing works great, especially if you need a separate XY (wall) and Z (floor) tolerance.
    You'll want to keep an eye open at the toolchange-clearance planes... The output can be missing the addition of the "top of part" value, but for a 3axis and depending on your setup, this may not be an issue. It cropped with a rotary.

Drifting back on topic, I hope to learn more about the collision detection. When I had the tool-stock error, I thought I had messed up the Machine Definition. I just now looked and realize I actually DELETED the "cc" in there. Related?
    Havnt got that far yet...

The last few post went a little over my head...

If I understand SBC Cycle feels like Pro would fix the problem? And yes this is problem is a big disappointment. What's worse is we have a dead line for parts and need to be cutting metal
    I don't understand how I have this problem on 2 different computers one running Win 7 64 bit, and the other XP 32 bit. Makes me wonder if it's me?

Made some progress today, maybe??? Under simulations properties I unchecked Enable Machine Components Collision... new error message "Unknown Transform Definition"

Attached I think? is a simple file that I've been working with, maybe someone can find what I'm doing wrong.

Second try
    Attached Files Attached Files

****** Computer System *****
    Name : TECH111
    Manufacturer : Dell Inc.
    Model : OptiPlex 330
    SystemType : X86-based PC

***** Sysyem CPU Info *****
    Manufacturer : GenuineIntel
    Version : Model 15, Stepping 13
    Stepping : 13
    DeviceID : CPU0
    ProcessorId : BFEBFBFF000006FD
    Description : x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz
    NumberOfCores : 2
    NumberOfLogicalProcessors : 2
    MaxClockSpeed : 1.595 MHz

***** System Graphics *****
    AdapterDACType : Integrated RAMDAC
    Description : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
    DeviceID : VideoController1
    DriverVersion : 6.14.12.6658
    InfFilename : oem40.inf
    InfSection : Section001
    InstalledDisplayDrivers : nv4_disp.dll
    Name : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
    VideoModeDescription : 1440 x 900 x 4294967296 colors
    VideoProcessor : GeForce 7300 GS
    AdapterCompatibility : NVIDIA
    AdapterRAM : 512.000 MB
    CurrentHorizontalResolution : 1440
    CurrentVerticalResolution : 900
    CurrentNumberOfColors : 4294967296
    CurrentRefreshRate : 60
    DriverDate : 20110108032700.000000-000

***** System OS *****
    Manufacturer : Microsoft Corporation
    Caption : Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    BuildNumber : 2600
    CSDVersion : Service Pack 3
    Version : 5.1.2600

Test - adepoalo's library

Question, is there any reason why you are not using the default BC_3X_Mill for the machine selection?

It looks like you created your own "remedy" and you are using s centroid M400 controller

Now If I can simulate your part on my system I am sure you can simulate on your system.

Not that this is the right approach, but if you set your machine make to BC-3X_Mill and try to simulate it works right?

If you use the Remedy, the one you setup up, this is where you are having issues?
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

When I re tested to repeat the error I did not have an issue.
    Al DePoalo

More testing is needed
    Al DePoalo

wmbeau,

I believe the problem you are having can be solved with training and support. So what I want to do is find out what specific issue you are having with your simulation, to do so I need some files.

I need you to zip up the folder for you machine make and post it in this thread.

You will find this folder in

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\MachSim

Here you will see a folder that has the machine name you created.

Once I have a chance to review I will post back what the problems were.
    Al DePoalo

Page 1 of 2 12