585,992 active members*
5,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tk to axis doesnt work

Hi

I have configured my machine and have always used the tklinuxcnc screen and everything works fine. I now want to change and use axis so I can tune the servos easier but when i change the machine does not come out of estop mode. All i have done is change the tklinuxcnc to axis in the ini file. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i have missed out.

Thanks

post your config files.

Hi

I do not have my files to hand today but i did more work on it yesterday and I believe it is a problem with the e-stop circuit. I do not have a switch on the e-stop input yet and have set it up so that it is always out of e-stop. If i reverse the signal in hal and open linuxcnc the machine immediatly turns on electrically but says it is in e-stop mode and i cant turn the machine on in the software. I am getting confused on this one. Does linuxcnc need to see the external e-stop switch on before it will work? I just dont see how it all works fine with the tk front end but when using axis it is not working.

Lee

Chester88

Just been into work and my config files are now attached. Thanks for having a look.

Lomach
    Attached Files Attached Files

hmm I don't see anything obvious yet.
    You are using a classicladder estop option and you didn't include other config files so i can't check them.

when you are running linuxcnc open a halmeter and check the estop signals and see whats happening.

Chris M

Sorted

Just to say I have sorted it now. For some reason I had to invert the output when using the axis screen and return it to normal when using TKlinuxcnc. Seems strange but it works thats the main thing. Thanks for looking at my configs.

Lee