584,841 active members*
4,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

aquarium water chiller for laser?

So I'm reading mixed reviews here about the cw-3000. looks like it's just a radiator and a fan, and costs $410 (cheapest I found on ebay). that seems over priced, I mean I could just buy a radiator from lightobject for $30-50, add a fan and pump. and it's the same thing.

the cw-5000 is out of my price range.

alternatively though I see some 100 or 200watt aquarium chillers that are thermoelectric.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried something like that with the laser? I'm not sure if I can post links or not. the ebay # is 290717937153 and it's $200.

the 100 watt is just $139

there aren't a lot of specs on either unit so it's hard to tell. they will lower the temperature, but I'm not sure if they can do it fast enough for the uses of a 40w while ramping it up to cutting

I pay 170usd for CW3000 + shipping.
    CW3000 is not only radiator with fan.
    Aquarium pump will not monitor temerature nor flow rate and will not save your laser.
    But if you like buying new lasers it`s your choice. :-) Good luck.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

well it's not just an aquarium pump.
    if you look at the item ID you'll see that it's a thermoelectric chiller with a temperature monitor. it actually looks to be higher build quality than the cw3000 but I'm not sure if it shills enough or pumps enough, hence why I'm asking.

where did you buy the cw3000 for $170??

I would like to know where to get one for $170.00 myself. I use ice packs in a water filled bucket at this time. My temperature can sometimes get to around 15c. I have a radiator and a peltier device that I was planning on making my own cooler, but I have not since the water and ice work so well. I use my DMM to monitor the temperature of the water. (Hey, it all works).

Milt

I'm using a aquarium peltier cooler (140w) with my 80w laser, and it's better than nothing, but it won't keep up. I'm just a hobby use, so I don't mind the down time. When I know I'll be cutting for a while, I run the chiller about an hour before to get the temp down, and leave it running the entire time while I cut, and it gives me enough time to do what I need.

Next summer, I will try a larger tank and a smaller pump--the one my laser comes with s way too big and it heats up the water as much as the laser.

when you say it does enough for what you need, what is that usually? in minutes...

the ones I see are 100w or 200w, and I only have a 40w laser, so it sounds like a 200w chiller might be all I need to keep things cool.

A good chiller is very important. You will find it worthy later. It will protect the tube and the machine and make their lives longer. CW3000 only works instead a pump. but can not cool down the water. CW5000 is much better than CW3000.

The price you have searched was too high.

------------------------------
    Melody
    [email protected] [email protected]

Depends on what I was doing, if I was engraving, having the little chiller gave me about an extra 30-45 mins, when I am cutting, it made very little difference. I think if I had 50gal of water, I'd not need a chiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody-gweike View Post
    A good chiller is very important. You will find it worthy later. CW5000 is much better than CW3000.

Well,why don't you tell us here how much a CW5000 chilled would be from wklaser, not including shipping?

And PLEASE, don't say to contact you for a price. :nono:

Quote Originally Posted by Melody-gweike View Post
    A good chiller is very important. You will find it worthy later. It will protect the tube and the machine and make their lives longer. CW3000 only works instead a pump. but can not cool down the water. CW5000 is much better than CW3000.

------------------------------
    Melody
    [email protected] [email protected]

Melody, leave him. fyrebug knows better.
    Saving 100usd is wothy for him to risk another laser.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Laser Water-Cooled Chiller CW-3000 - Cooling Laser, Laser Chiller Air Cooled - Manufacturers from China

CW3000 spec sheet, "Forced air cooling"

Ergo a radiator with a fan

cheers

Dave

How to choose the water a chiller for the co2 laser tube?

Hi ,
    if you laser tube is below 80w ,you can choose a cw3000AG 220V . fan cooling ,but if you want a good cooling result ,especially in summer , i recommend the cw5000AG ,it has Refrigerator inside the machine . Tough the price is high ,but the cooling result is better ,and it also for you to update the watt of the laser tube later . it can do for the tube up to 120w .

The price of the cw3000AG (220v) is 380$ ,including shipping via DHL or FedEx .110v will need add 20$ . and cw5000AG(220V) is 665$ ,including shipping via DHL or FedEx, 110v ,will need add 20$ .

You can buy from my aliexpress store ,or make the payment via Paypal . they can protect your benefits .

We also have some other laser parts .like reci laser tube W series .power . systems ,len and mirrors . laser head and mirrors mounts .

We also can talk about the questions about co2 laser machine and parts.

More information , please contact me anytime . i will reply to you within 12 hours . Email : [email protected] Skype: cenranlaser .

Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0610.jpg   DSCN0612.jpg  

Re: aquarium water chiller for laser?

We are the CW-3000 &CW-5000 chiller manufaturer
    S&A cw-3000 is thermolysis type industrial water cooler. It’s mainly used on the equipment for heat exchange between the heat and the air environment. The water temperature of cw-3000 cooler is related to ambient temperature, so it's thermostat is not manually adjusted.
    S&A CW-5000 is refrigeration type industrial water chiller of 800W cooling capacity. It’s mainly used to have the heat generated during the laser device working that gone through the refrigerating cycle in compressor refrigeration system and eventually transferred to the air. The water temperature is able to be adjusted. There is 1 water outlet and an inlet, applicable to cool single laser glass tube.

There seems to be alot of confusion about what a chiller is needed for or why you would buy a cw5000 over a cw3000. In order for laser tubes to work at their optimal productivity and for the longest life to your tube, you need two things. Water between 55 and 75 degrees and the proper electrical current (mA) for your particular laser tube. If you are in an environment that is no more that ten degrees above the optimal water temperature AND you dont plan on running the laser for more than a few hours per day, the cw3000 chiller will work fine for you.

If your machine is in a garage, warehouse or other physical location where the temperature reaches abouve 85 degrees, you will want the refrigerated version cw5000 or higher. This also applies if you are in a production environment where the water will need to circulate for hours while the lase is firing and it will not have time for the ambient room temperature to cool it off.

The temperature of the water being consistent along with the correct amperage for the laser tube will get you the most consistent results and close to the maximum hours for your laser tube.

I would also suggest you to buy a CW-5000 rather than CW-3000,
    yes, it may be a big investment at first,
    but laser you will find it's worthy,
    good luck to you.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmyThunderlaser View Post
    I would also suggest you to buy a CW-5000 rather than CW-3000,
    yes, it may be a big investment at first,
    but laser you will find it's worthy,
    good luck to you.
    Love seeing these old posts. A 3000 is now about $150 and a 5000 is $350. I just ordered a 5200 in 110v for $370 plus tax on eBay.

I had one in the past and sold it with my 100 watt laser. This new one is way overkill because I am using it to make an aluminum cooled dog bed.