585,744 active members*
4,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pallet changer

I Have a six station pallet changer stuck in the unclamp position. Will not allow the machine to zero return in "X". (128 Outside Interlock Axis) because it thinks the pallet is unclamped. Happened after the exchange, pallet was stuck unclamped, pallet is now clamped, but all indicators say the wrong pallet is in the machine. If I manually unclamp, I can't manually clamp without shutting down and starting up. HELP!!!!

Not sure what to make out of your post and whether you have a real problem. Sounds like you're unfamiliar with the machine. I have an H-630 and I'm assuming you have an H-400.

If the problem is just the machine is seeing the wrong pallet in the machine there is a procedure for changing the pallet changer memory and telling the machine what pallets are where.

Even with the wrong pallet in the machine, you should still be able to rehome it as long as the pallet is clamped. Then move it to home #2 and manually unclamp it (with the hook extended) and unload it back onto the carousel.

Greatings Wiz of the night shift. I also have an H-630, my 6 pallet changer is sloppy about the locations. Off by 1/2 inch some times. Have you ever had a problem like mine. Looks like I over shoot in what ever direction I move.
    Thanks for any help you can offer!

Quote Originally Posted by ifixcnc View Post
    Greatings Wiz of the night shift. I also have an H-630, my 6 pallet changer is sloppy about the locations. Off by 1/2 inch some times. Have you ever had a problem like mine. Looks like I over shoot in what ever direction I move.
    Thanks for any help you can offer!
    This pallet changer is a real pain. We've had every problem imaginable.

Could be a number of different problems. Is there slack in the main chain? Tighten it up.

The stopping location can be changed by moving the little metal flags below each pallet. The top one is for CW rotation and the bottom one is for CCW rotation.

The is also a way to increase or decrease the decel amount. If it's not decelling right before it stops then that will also cause it to mislocate or overshoot. It should be on pages 2-2 and 2-3 of your pallet changer manual where it talks about the encoder and data collection and is done by a secret combination of the pallet work station controls. Ours would decel CW but not CCW and this straightened that out.

I've also gone into the AC drive converter parameters and slowed the whole thing down by changing the max speed parameter. That helped with some of the problems. Just don't change the min speed.

6 Pallet changer

Hey Night Shift Wiz,
    Many thanks for the help, I have been trying to get mazaks help on the telephone, and they are experts at not helping. They call back during lunch or after hours, wont respond to Emails. We bought this machine used so they have no desire to help. That is half my problem as we did not get the Pallet Changer manual with the machine. Our machine is a 11/90 build, if yours is close to our vintage, I would pay you to send me a copy.
    Thanks!!