584,837 active members*
5,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > wiring tamagawa drivers to mach3

wiring tamagawa drivers to mach3

Hello
    I have 3 AU6550N2062 DRIVER ser. no. 20716 with 3 TBL-i series AC Servo Motor TS4513N1820E200 600W 200v S/NA14253. I attached the manual for them.
    Need to set them so they can work with step/direction signal's from mach3.
    I don't know exactly what i did wrong but the motor is turning half a revolution only in one direction and it's go offline.
    I set the step to - forward pulse and the dir to - reverse pulse. The + forward pulse, + reverse pulse signal ar wired together to +5v com pin to the breakout board (c23 multifunctional board from cnc4pc)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you try Tamagawa support, their support has replied to me in the past.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I tryed....no replay(

Do you have the motor and feedback phased right?
    Are you using supplied cables or did you make them up?
    Try a simple analogue signal with a pot into the analogue input.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Do you have the motor and feedback phased right?
    Are you using supplied cables or did you make them up?
    Try a simple analogue signal with a pot into the analogue input.
    Al.
    Servo motors and drivers ar from a working machine, all the cables ar original.

Page 9 External Connections

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicu View Post
    Hello
    I have 3 AU6550N2062 DRIVER ser. no. 20716 with 3 TBL-i series AC Servo Motor TS4513N1820E200 600W 200v S/NA14253. I attached the manual for them.
    Need to set them so they can work with step/direction signal's from mach3.
    I don't know exactly what i did wrong but the motor is turning half a revolution only in one direction and it's go offline.
    I set the step to - forward pulse and the dir to - reverse pulse. The + forward pulse, + reverse pulse signal ar wired together to +5v com pin to the breakout board (c23 multifunctional board from cnc4pc)
    See page 9, External Connections. Page 9 shows "forward pulse, reverse pulse", pins { 17,18 / 19, 20 }. This is not a step/direction drive. You will need something similar to a quad bilateral switch or similar logic to convert step/direction to work with this amplifier.
    See post here; http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo_...rive_help.html .

In other words, you need a high speed digital switch where you can switch a singe input to 2 outputs.

In summary, the step pin output can be switched to the forward pulse and to the reverse pulse inputs by using the direction pin.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Man View Post
    See page 9, External Connections. Page 9 shows "forward pulse, reverse pulse", pins { 17,18 / 19, 20 }. This is not a step/direction drive. You will need something similar to a quad bilateral switch or similar logic to convert step/direction to work with this amplifier.
    See post here; http://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo_...rive_help.html .

In other words, you need a high speed digital switch where you can switch a singe input to 2 outputs.

In summary, the step pin output can be switched to the forward pulse and to the reverse pulse inputs by using the direction pin.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man
    I don't think that is the case with this driver, pleas see the picture. I highlight with read the forward pulse and reverse pulse signal's. It say's at "*1 Position command pulse input also possible using a pulse/direction system"
    I think it can be set to accept pulse/direction but the manual does not contain settings for this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IO pin.jpg  

*1 Position command pulse input.

I don't think that is the case with this driver, pleas see the picture. I highlight with read the forward pulse and reverse pulse signal's. It say's at "*1 Position command pulse input also possible using a pulse/direction system"
    I think it can be set to accept pulse/direction but the manual does not contain settings for this.
    Yes this is true, but it requires additional logic to make it work. You really need the manual for this amp. Getting the step/dir to work is just the beginning. You will have to set the PID in order for it to work correctly. You may also need software for it to work.

As Al The Man stated, have you contacted Tamagawa support?

Post pictures of what you have, somebody may just have a manual lying around.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

one step forward!!!

Long time since i worked on my little project. But i managet to get some documentation regarding the parameters for tamagawa au6550 servo drivers. The first doc contains parameter imput method and second one contains a list of parameters for the driver's working under juki pick and place machine.
    Maybe someone can help me to find the right parameters for step and direction imput.

One step forward!
    I managed to start the motors from mach3. With a step/dir to cw/ccw convertor made from this schematic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74241 step-dir to cw - ccw converter+ leds.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	180419
    But now when i try to go forward (let's say A+, but just one step in mach) the motors start's and do not stop, if i "press again"A+" the motor rotates faster, and so on...; the same thing happens in the reverse direction "A-". The good thing is the motor is running very smoothly.
    Maybe i set something wrong in mach3 or the frequency is wrong.

Hi, I'm working with just about the same combination of equipment. I have Yaskawa TBl-i 4507 servos on a3 axis MDF CNC. I've got two options. 1 find the drivers (au6550's?)and figure ohthow to program it all with Mach 3. Or 2. Buy different motor mounts 3 new steppers, controls ect.

Did you ever get your setup to work properly?

I wired a driver (au6550) with all the original motor wires at a bob that knows pulse and direction and when i try to jog the motor, let's say X+ the motor start's running in cw direction. But it do not stops (it's running continuos in cw direction just by clicking once X+), if i click X- the motor change direction ccw and run continuos. I don't have any control on the motor

74LS241 proper termination of unsed I/O lines.

I wired a driver (au6550) with all the original motor wires at a bob that knows pulse and direction and when i try to jog the motor, let's say X+ the motor start's running in cw direction. But it do not stops (it's running continuos in cw direction just by clicking once X+), if i click X- the motor change direction ccw and run continuos. I don't have any control on the motor

Do you have access to an oscilloscope or logic probe? Check the outputs. In order for the 74LS241 to work correctly, any unused inputs and outputs must be properly terminated. Try this: Connect the unused I/O lines to 10 k resistors connected to ground. This way they will not “float” .

Post pictures of your set-up.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

AU6550

Dear,

Could you share AU6550 manual to me ? I,d like you can help me get the alarm list.

many tks

Br

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Smile

I attached the manual + parameter settings for juki M750. Keep me posted if you managed to control them with step and direction.

First, tks a lot !

Now , there is a servo driver AU6550N202E856 . It appears servo alarm . So i want to know the reason from the manual alarm list.
    like as, over load, over current,over voltage or the driver fault , driver is short or else...

tks

Hello Al_The_Man. a seperate question, can I run a TS4513N3034E200 with a AU6551N286E815. cause originally the AU6551 was driving a TS4514 motor (800 W) and now with TS5413 (600 W).
    I have already have the motor and driver connected and seems to be running fine. Just your opinion if it will be durable?? Thanks.
    Franklin

Re: wiring tamagawa drivers to mach3

I know it is far too long since the original post, but I did have a hell of a time finding the manual required for this setup AU6550N2041 DRIVER / TBL-i series AC Servo Motor TS4513N1820E200 600W 200v.

Hope this helps someone get their setup running, I have an old ZEVATECH FS730 - Juki KE 730 pick and place machine, which I sources locally from a bankruptcy auction, I'm pretty sure it will be a great enclosed CNC for my kids' new garage based guitar factory, I've been playing with this setup for a couple of days, and have since managed the servos to move in the desires direction, although I'm still far from tuning them, any help would be really appreciated.

Driver manual pdf size is 38+ Mb, so I couldn't upload it, I will link to my own website instead.

Link to the manual files:
    Index of /servos
    http://bikeslayer.xyz/servos/AC_servo_specsheet.png
    http://bikeslayer.xyz/servos/AC_serv...al_1525n4e.pdf
    http://bikeslayer.xyz/servos/AC_serv...550_MANUAL.pdf