584,863 active members*
4,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bosch Colt/Super-PID users....

I know there is a Super-PID thread but it is huge and, as such, hard to find info in. I'm doing a makeover on my machine and upgrading to a Bosch Colt. Can you guys post up pics of how you mounted the RPM sensor on your Bosch Colt? Thanks.

It was easier than I thought it would be. Pop the cover off so you can see where there is a rotating piece at the top, and then paint it black and white. You'll need a thin brush to reach it. Then drill a hole in the side of the top cover, install the top cover, and then insert the sensor. You can see approximate location here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...6&d=1348503616

I can get more pics if you need. Also, don't forget to short the 3 triac pins to disable the Colt's soft start.

@GTFreeFlyer
    Could you post some pics of it? I would like to see what is is involved. I will be using the same setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Friction_Burn View Post
    @GTFreeFlyer
    Could you post some pics of it? I would like to see what is is involved. I will be using the same setup.
    Same here

It may take me a little while to get pics. Progress has been at a snail's pace for me lately. I'm currently taking apart the machine for some finishing work, so when I get to the router I will open it up and snap some photos. I did the mods not knowing anything, just like you, and found it straight-forward. There are some pics I found on the web of the triac that needs to be shorted. Just google it and you find the same thing. If you get around to it before I do, take a photo of the circuit board and post it here. I'll repost it with the triac's pins identified.

I mounted mine under the Colt so the router could be removed easily. I use a diamond drag & a pen in place of the router occasionally. The tube that the sensor is mounted in is a strip of the leftover stainless that is used to repair the tracks in a sliding glass door. The sensor fits nicely in it and a little silicone holds it in place securely. It's hard to see, but there is a 10-32 set screw in the bottom that secures the stainless strip in place in the bracket. The copper shim stock was used to space the sensor down slightly. I have not had a dust problem on the sensor yet, but I did expect it might be a problem. I just blow or brush it off every so often.
    Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pid sensor.jpg  
    I don't make mistakes ... I make 'unintended engineering design changes'.