584,846 active members*
4,076 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Threadmilling Tapered threads and Pipe Threads with BobCAD CAM

Lightbulb Threadmilling Tapered threads and Pipe Threads with BobCAD CAM

I know this has probably been talked about before, but decided to make a thread for it so in future people can have a reference. BobCAD can't 'simply' do tapered pipe threads. But some people including JRMach have ways they have done it. I would like people to post here on what they have tried, how they do it, and possibly add files or pictures to show how they did it. I saw some pretty complicated solid models being created so I don't think taper threads should be that big of an issue.

Thread mills can be the single edge v-cutter style mill as well as multiple pitch solid or inserted type cutters.

I'm very interested in this of course because at the moment I have 104 programs to create mostly all having tapered pipe threads of all sizes from 1/8" up to 1". My threads will be internal, but external can be shown as well.

So, what are your thoughts? If you posted info else where, paste it here so it has it's own searchable heading. Also if there are articles in other threads, please link them here if you don't paste the text here. I have already sent requests to BobCAD a couple times for this feature. If you would like this added please go to BobCAD.com and also submit a feature request.

This would be a great addition to BobCAD.

This is currently being worked on by our development team.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDa View Post
    This is currently being worked on by our development team.
    Really? AWESOME! Just wish I had it now

Thank you for the reply and good news! :cheers:

But for now to anyone else, post what you did anyway so we have something until the feature comes out

COOOL,I hope the code is "Prettier"than the way I do it now.I am currently threading on Manual Lathe today.Love the shirt.No,I don't wurk for BobCAD,ha,ha,ha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

UreHi,
    I have asked about taper threads on here before, and had some help fron a couple of members.
    If you looking back through the old post you should find them, of do a search of the posts, I'm not sure how to link them to this post, So maybe someone could explain of do this for mean.
    Hope this helps

For V-25? 26 27 ??