585,975 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: RW20 ATC

RW20 ATC

Hi guys...

Another inquiry for the expert here. Is it possible to operate Milltronics RW-20 without using it's ATC??
    If Yes, what are the things we need to do??? Thanks for everyone who will reply....

Possibly use M6 toolchange in MDI to put a tool in the machine, and don't do M6 toolchange in the program.

Simply do toolchanges to tool numbers that are not found in the toolchanger.

The machine will put the old tool away, or ask you to remove it by inserting tool zero. Then it will ask you to insert the tool you called for and press the Tool Reset button, and then the Cycle Start button.

Thanks ZZZ for the reply. Actually this is our problem we are now facing.

After loading and running program:

Pressing "ESC", display this error:

We noticed always hanging on Block 19. Using another program, same problem on Block 19..

Here info of our current CNC:

Hope anyone can help if this is a problem with the software or hardware portion of the CNC....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01016.JPG   DSC01018.JPG   DSC00771.JPG   DSC00773.JPG  

DSC00990.JPG   DSC00991.JPG   DSC00995.JPG  

Is this program large enough to require the DNC Run technique? Can you try the F4-Run technique to see if it makes any difference?

That error just means you have to interrupt the data flow by pressing the F9-Halt button, not the ESC button.

I recently had a similar situation where the machine seemed to be 'waiting' for something to happen before the program would continue. I changed to the Following Error display and I found that the X axis was 'hanging up' a little so the move didn't finish.

I wonder if the Z axis isn't getting to position. For diagnostic purposes, I would try changing your Axis parameter In Position for the Z axis to a zero . If that eliminates the problem, maybe the brake on the Z motor isn't releasing completely and the load could prevent the completion of the Z move. Maybe the gib needs adjustment, maybe the ways aren't getting oil and they are dragging, etc. Find and fix the problem, then re-set the parameter back to the original setting.

I think the Block 19 thing is just coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
    Is this program large enough to require the DNC Run technique? Can you try the F4-Run technique to see if it makes any difference?

That error just means you have to interrupt the data flow by pressing the F9-Halt button, not the ESC button.

I recently had a similar situation where the machine seemed to be 'waiting' for something to happen before the program would continue. I changed to the Following Error display and I found that the X axis was 'hanging up' a little so the move didn't finish.

I wonder if the Z axis isn't getting to position. For diagnostic purposes, I would try changing your Axis parameter In Position for the Z axis to a zero . If that eliminates the problem, maybe the brake on the Z motor isn't releasing completely and the load could prevent the completion of the Z move. Maybe the gib needs adjustment, maybe the ways aren't getting oil and they are dragging, etc. Find and fix the problem, then re-set the parameter back to the original setting.

I think the Block 19 thing is just coincidental.
    Thanks zzzz for the reply. To give you on historical background, here's the first problem of the cnc:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/milltr...ml#post1188905

Initially, CNC is running normally before the above link problem occurs. After replacing the Motion Control Board (See below), this is now the problem, it hangs esp on block 19.

I just not convinced that the replaced NCB board is the culprit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails top.jpg  

Yes Z axis moves then stop on "+50.000"...

Will try to run using F4-Run technique and see if it will make a difference...will get back on you zzzz...