585,717 active members*
3,811 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Seeking mentor in Central NY

I am a mechanical engineer with many years of computer programming experience. I just built my first 3 axis cnc machine for making small parts. I want to build a 4 axis machine and learn other software besides TurboCNC.

Looking for help with learning RHino, Solidworks and wood routering.

Thank you for your time.

Just out of curiosity, where abouts in CNY are you?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

I'm in Central New York, were are you located? I have a CNC routing service, and use Rhino.

I just sold my house in Cazenovia and moved further east. I am in the Hamilton Area, fairly close to Colgate University.

Smile

I'm 15 minutes south of Caz. Located in the downtown metropolis of DeRuyter.

wow - that's what we call 'The City'.

I am planning on putting together the controller this weekend and then hooking everything up to test. It should eb exciting. I also bought abook on automating test equipment using VB. I have VB Pro version 6.0, so that should be fun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tq9516pjm
    I just sold my house in Cazenovia and moved further east. I am in the Hamilton Area, fairly close to Colgate University.
    Very cool, we have a camp near there on Lake Moraine.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Talking

wow - that's what we call 'The City'.

That’s right! “The City”. Have you heard our new tourism motto:

Come back to DeRuyter… we weren’t shootin’ at YOU!

CNC Pro,
    I would like to get together for some Rhino training, i can bring the small CNC machine,controler and computer as it stands (which is about 90% done).

I am working full time days and going to school nights, but i can make time, just let me know. I can give you a cell number, but would prefer not to post it.

Thanks,
    Phil

Hey, you probably think i fell off the edge of the earth. Things have been crazy at work and i am taking two classes at S.U. so things are very out of control. Well, my table is together but the controller is still having issues. I am having a little trouble getting help with it, but i think i will be able to track the issues down, otherwise i will get a better controller. I am a little confused because other people use the same controller with good luck and say that it is decent - i just have to track down the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tq9516pjm View Post
    Hey, you probably think i fell off the edge of the earth. Things have been crazy at work and i am taking two classes at S.U. so things are very out of control. Well, my table is together but the controller is still having issues. I am having a little trouble getting help with it, but i think i will be able to track the issues down, otherwise i will get a better controller. I am a little confused because other people use the same controller with good luck and say that it is decent - i just have to track down the issues.
    I live in Canastota and am pretty good at Rhino. Let me know if you need help.

Bill