585,744 active members*
5,086 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Halt error 101 / Disk write error

Halt error 101 / Disk write error

I have a P1 with a Cen V control latest problem I have been experiencing is this random complete shut down of my machine while its cutting. Page says Halt error 101 / Disk write error. I was DNCing form the floppy and thought that was the problem so loaded file to machine and still had the same problem.Never faulted in the same place always random. Not sure what the problem is. Motherboard ??? Any ideas???

While it could be the motherboard or the I/O card, first try re-formatting the sram part of the sim-disk card. Here is the procedure:
    Attached Files Attached Files

ZZZZ
    Thanks for reply I am going to try reformatting the sram tonight. You have helped me in the past with an invalid graphfile path problem I had and we reassigned the drives to get it to work and has been doing well till recently. I do plan on doing the SBC upgrade but just do not have the funds yet. They quoted me 2100.00 the other day when i called. Thanks again!!

ZZZZ
    P1 still crashing even after reformatting the sram ran 2 programs then crashed same error code. I checked the battery voltage on the simdisk board and there are actually 2 batteries 1 measures 3.6V and the other measures 3.28V. I cannot find the battery on the MoBo to check the voltage there.

I'm sorry that didn't work for you, it usually solves these problems.

The SBC upgrade is pricey, but it may be necessary.

If your machine were in my shop, I might try installing a bootable hard drive, load DOS on it, create the RAM and PARTS directories on it, and change the PATH.DAT file accordingly.

Then the computer would boot from the HDD, load the control software from the A: drive on the simdisk, and use the RAM and Parts dir's from the HDD. Or I would put everything on the HDD and eliminate the simdisk card entirely.

You could try that if you are good with working on computers.

ZZZZ
    I am trying to copy files from the A: & B: from the machine to the floppy but I keep getting this error and it will not copy any of the files to the disk. My brother is trying to help me build a PC to run the machine but the files he needs will not copy to the floppy. Any ideas ????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0630.jpg  

That looks like a disk write error, try a new floppy disk.

ZZZZ

Tried that 4 new floppies 2 old ones made no difference. My PC and the control recognize them but the machine will not write to the disk in the dos shell. Was going to try and see if I can load a program to the disk from the control today and see what happens.

ZZZZ
    Finally figured this out. Neither the floppy or the drive is bad for some reason it will only copy a certain amount of data at a time to the floppy. So if the file is large you have to hit (I) for ignore when it error's( sometimes numerous times depending on file size) and it will continue to copy until the file is fully copied to the floppy. Don't really know why but I do have everything on a floppy disk now Have a bootable hard drive ready with dos on it so I will try to figure the rest out.

Thanks for the update. It seems that there must be some kind of a buffer that gets emptied (or filled) that stops the process.