585,766 active members*
3,994 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > New Doosan Lynx Questions

New Doosan Lynx Questions

Got a new Lynx 220 LMS last week the tech left the machine on when he was done today I went over to play with it and when I give it a S500 M3 the sub spindle ran and not the main I could not get the main to run at all I shut down the machine down and back on now S500M3 runs the main spindle I give the machine a S500 M103 and the lathe will just sit there with the cycle light on and the spindle never comes on no alarm chuck is clamped this also happens on the live tooling with S500M33 I can give it S500M203 and run both spindles M205 will stop them also when I give the lathe S500M3 them M5 I get an alarm that says program not found this is because in parameter 6083 there is a 5 and no 9023 program to go with it, the tech left a test program in the machine using the M5 so if he ran it, it alarmed out on him as well or the 5 was put in 6083 after he ran it I am the only 1 here that knows how to put the 5 in 6083 to cause this. I have 4 2500 SYs ans 2000 and 230s they all work with these M codes.Am I missing something or is someone playing games here I dont want to cry foul if I am missing something.

LOL. So, you did not have time to watch the tech commission the machine and demonstrate that everything was working correctly? How much time is this going to cost you now? And let me guess, you can't get the dealer on the phone now for assistance because it is Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by chucker View Post
    Got a new Lynx 220 LMS last week the tech left the machine on when he was done today I went over to play with it and when I give it a S500 M3 the sub spindle ran and not the main I could not get the main to run at all I shut down the machine down and back on now S500M3 runs the main spindle I give the machine a S500 M103 and the lathe will just sit there with the cycle light on and the spindle never comes on no alarm chuck is clamped this also happens on the live tooling with S500M33 I can give it S500M203 and run both spindles M205 will stop them also when I give the lathe S500M3 them M5 I get an alarm that says program not found this is because in parameter 6083 there is a 5 and no 9023 program to go with it, the tech left a test program in the machine using the M5 so if he ran it, it alarmed out on him as well or the 5 was put in 6083 after he ran it I am the only 1 here that knows how to put the 5 in 6083 to cause this. I have 4 2500 SYs ans 2000 and 230s they all work with these M codes.Am I missing something or is someone playing games here I dont want to cry foul if I am missing something.
    I believe your new machine requires a P-code to specify which spindle.

P11 - Main Spindle
    P12 - Live Tool
    P13 - Sub Spindle

So, G97 S1000 P13 M03 will start the sub-spindle at 1000 RPM.
    M05 P13 will stop the sub-spindle.

M34 - Main-Spindle Milling Mode Cancel
    M35 - Main-Spindle Milling Mode

M134 - Sub-Spindle Milling Mode Cancel
    M135 - Sub-Spindle Milling Mode

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    LOL. So, you did not have time to watch the tech commission the machine and demonstrate that everything was working correctly? How much time is this going to cost you now? And let me guess, you can't get the dealer on the phone now for assistance because it is Saturday?
    txcncman:

I know that you're a real smart guy because I've read a lot of your posts. And it seems that usually you try to help (in the true spirit of the CNC Zone), but sometimes...

Why bother to post this reply at all?

Maybe the situation didn't allow "chucker" to break away from the hot job he was working on and spend any time with the tech.

Maybe the tech is new to this particular control (I believe this is one of the first L220LMS machines in the country), and doesn't have the experience to train the customer. Maybe the "training guy" was coming in Monday... who knows?

And perhaps "chucker" took the initiative and came in on his own time on Saturday to get a head start on the new machine and couldn't find the manuals? I've seen cases where the Maintenance Department grabs the manuals first thing the machine hits the floor, and locks them up where no one has access on the weekend.

IMHO, in a lot of situations, "RTFM" isn't an appropriate response. And LOL? Come on... why not cut the guy some slack unless you KNOW that the problem he's having is due to his own stupidity, and not due to something beyond his control.

I would sincerely hope that you continue your constructive postings here, but maybe try to refrain from the smug, condescending ones that offer nothing.

Dave

New lynx

Thank you Dcoupar
    You were correct with the P codes I did look in the Doosan Manuals that came with the machine and they did not so the P codes or I missed them I have ran all the spindles now. Now I can get the lathe ready before the Iemca bar feeder gets next week.

txcncman: No harm done sometimes we all have a bad day. and beinig the one here with the most knowledge about machines I need a good kick in the pants some times to keep me from getting cocky.

Thanks for the help.