584,849 active members*
4,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help Identifying this EDM

I recently acquired a used EDM from an auction (no documentation or any other info). It has three parts: a control box, an aquarium size tank and pump, and a electrode feed structure with a motor driving a fine pitch threaded rod and limit switches. I started creating a schematic of the components and doing some internet searches to see if I could find the origin of the design. I learned that there was a design by Langlois. That caused me to think, how many other designs are floating around? How can I find if my EDM is based on one of them. So I thought I would ask for your help.

The following three photos show the control box. Does anyone recognize the elements of this design? It has multiple switches to add capacitance? There's a PCB for the motor control. Does anyone have schematics for the various homebrew EDM's. Does anyone sell PCB's to go with their schematics.

Thanks for your help,
    Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDM_topview_wTags.jpg   EDM_sideview.jpg   EDM_overview.jpg