585,722 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > CamBam engraving problem

CamBam engraving problem

Hi,

I used LazyCAM for engraving PCB isolation paths. Now I tried CamBam and there is a problem I think ....
    LazyCAM did the job with climb miling and in CamBam when I select engrave Machine operation the option "miling direction" is invisible. I can change it only in profile machine operation. Is it possible to engrave with climb mode in CamBam ?

Tnx

Engraving is a slot, so not really climb or conventional, therefor not an option.

Select the polyline you want to reverse the engrave direction, then Edit>Polyline>Reverse Then when you generate the toolpath for an Engrave MOP, the direction should change. However, I don't see how changing the direction on an Engrave MOP will effect the quality at all...

Don

If you set the 'Optimisation Mode' to 'None', then the direction of the source polylines will control the milling direction, otherwise actions like 'Reverse' may not change things if the optimiser decides to go for the next nearest toolpath.

Perhaps a better option is to use a profile machine operation, so CamBam has a better idea of which milling direction to use. A zero or small tool diameter should keep the toolpaths close to your original lines.

Another benefit of using a profile operation, you can increase the 'Cut Width' property to mill multiple outlines to improve the track isolation.
    www.cambam.co.uk