585,715 active members*
4,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Graphics on Fanuc 21imb

I just recently started doing some programming on a Doosan Machining Center with a fairly new Fanuc 21imb and have been trying to figure out the graphics feature. I spend most of my time on Haas machines and I'm unsure of how to go about setting up the Graphics so I could see the tool path before I run programs? Is this possible on this control? Other than running some older Fanuc OM controls I really havent been in front of one for a while. Could really use some help. Thanks for reading...
    Blake

Option on a old 21imb control. Does it have that option?

I thought there were two graphic options? one was a simple tool path trace and the other a full conversational programming mode. the simple tool path trace is shown in the regular Fanuc 21iM manual and although an option, should be standard on most machines and accessed via a 'graphic' hard key on the Fanuc-side panel. The other conversational stuff could be CAP-i or Super Cap-i or manual guide or manual guide-i and possibly accessed via a CAP-i hard key.

so yeah the answer given depends on what you have.....

Press the CUSTOM function button and see if there's a soft key for Manual Guide - i or EZ Guide - i. If so, you should be able to view the graphic simulation there. Let me know if you have this and I'll see if I can dig up instructions.

If not, I believe you'll have to put the machine lock (M17) and run the program in MEMORY mode to view the graphics. Once done you'll have to cancel machine lock (M18) and reference return all axes.

Tool-path graphic display without the axes moving is called "dynamic graphic display." This is an option at least on 0i Mate TC.
    In Auto mode, check for EXEC softkey on graphic screen.
    If it is not there, you can still see the simulation in "program test mode" or by using the m/c lock key. Dry run can be used to speed up the simulation. The only difficulty is that, power cycle (re-referencing) would be needed for actual execution (machining), because the tool position would not displayed correctly. Dynamic graphic display obviates this difficulty.

Thanks for the feedback on my graphic issues. I am going to try some of the reccomendations and see what I can come up with. If I still have issues I'll post some pics of the screen shots I'm getting when I go to the graphics screen. Thanks for all the advice.
    Blake

Well, after taking some of the advice I got from the replies to my post I figured out out to use the graphic feature. Thanks for everyones help.
    Nice to see my tool path before hitting the cycle start.