585,589 active members*
3,529 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G code verification

I'm looking for a very basic verification program that will read g code programs, something similar to the graphics on Fanuc controllers. This is mostly for lathe and would be great if it threw up alarms for format errors, radius compensation errors, etc.
    Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!!

NC Plot may be one to look at.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Re: G code verification

For your Android phone or tablet:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.Lathe&hl=en

For your desktop or laptop:
    Inplot
    or
    http://www.cutviewer.com/download/

I have my fingers in new Android app because nothing was there and I was in need of something portable.

I used Inplot for many years and convinced few shops to spend $150 to save $$$$$$$$$$$$ by detecting crashes and bugs in their programs.
    Inplot has elements of CAD, CAM and really nice set of editor functions that apply in CNC programming, you can generate any 2D geometry representing your part profile, take tool paths, compare ploted tool paths to part profile geometry, generate and save tools for subsequent use in verifying G code files,.......... very functional when you need it all in one window and at the cost of one bottle of wine.

Cutviewer will interpret canned cycles as they work in machine, I assisted Stan in developing this many moons ago and he may still remember me, I was contributing on subject of Fanuc canned cycles, I don't know how far the package got in terms of Okuma support but for the price of $!90 for lathe package, its pretty cool.

Keep in mind, none are perfect in any way, more automation means more interaction and false security, you really need to learn to use one of these with sense of caution, know the operation of machine and G code, especially canned cycles, then use software as a tool to alert you to problems you cannot easily see by looking at numbers.

As close as "bullet proof" can come, Vericat is it but do you really need to dish out so much cash and spend half a day configuring variables that mimic operation of every moving part in your machine just to gain some confidence before you prove out your program in machine anyway?

I use these things as an added tool in my daily routine, nice to have but don't overlook other methods or thrust that such programs can do the thinking for you.
    Picture is worth a thousand words, look at the lines as opposed to crunching numbers, instantly recognise what program does, use to identify problems before they cause damage but don't assume every glitch is going to flash a red flag and provide solution for you, they are all interactive tools, you get out of them what you put into them, tailor one you like to do things that automate parts of your routine and yield better results then working without one.

Re: G code verification

You can try tkCNC Editor - www.tkcnc.com
    It can show 3D verification of g-code for mills and lathes...

Quote Originally Posted by rgrow1 View Post
    I'm looking for a very basic verification program that will read g code programs, something similar to the graphics on Fanuc controllers. This is mostly for lathe and would be great if it threw up alarms for format errors, radius compensation errors, etc.
    Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks!!