585,715 active members*
4,753 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Environmental / Alternate Energy > Do you know about the noble gas engine?
Page 3 of 4 1234
    The claims made of efficency and power generated is extream. So no I haven't seen proof of anything more that the "engine" making a few stroks based on plasma.

So does that mean it works... yes ... does that mean it's world changing can t say there in t any proof.

I can say it s very interesting and I can t just close the door on the idea.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    The claims made of efficency and power generated is extream. So no I haven't seen proof of anything more that the "engine" making a few stroks based on plasma.

So does that mean it works... yes ... does that mean it's world changing can t say there in t any proof.

I can say it s very interesting and I can t just close the door on the idea.
    Don't close the door on the idea. Do close the door on these snake oil salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    No, the videos do not mean that it works. The videos which show a running engine are faked. There is absolutely no way you can do anything to the sealed gas inside the cylinders which will generate enough power to complete a full rotation of the crankshaft.

The simple tests where they have a clear cylinder with spark plugs in one end are different. Yes you can generate a spark which will heat the gas enough to move the piston up a couple of inches but that is all. And, most importantly, when you do that the electrical energy that you are supplying from the wall outlet to the spark plug exceeds the tiny amount of work that the piston does against no load.

In the closed engines you heat the gas and drive the piston down but there is nothing you can do, other than supply external cooling, which will reduce the pressure in the closed cylinder and draw the piston back to top dead center. That is the fraud.

They claim that they have some magic ability to cause the "plasma" to form, drive the piston down and then magically collapse and form a vacuum which completes the cycle and that can't happen. It violates the laws of thermodynamics and the people who are claiming that this works know it is a fake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzEkbXcWqEk]Welcome to the Rohner Group.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I like the sound track on this one, but maybe the superman theme track would have been a better choice
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

I'd like to offer my services.

I have a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering from one of the top universities in the US.

Now I realize that sometimes the people that design these devices don't have engineering and science backgrounds, which frees their thought process from physics and chemistry and math. As a result, it is sometimes difficult for them to explain their ideas. Sometimes it also makes the designs a little rough (the one thing that needs to be fixed in order to make it work).

So, I am willing to do consulting, for a fee, to evaluate the devices and provide a report identifying areas of concern. I'm not saying I can make it work, but I'd be willing to help point the designer in the right direction. Also, once the device works, I could be hired to describe how the device works.

Any takers?

Please?

If you truly believe in your device, why not hire an expert consultant to help refine your design?

Payment due up front. Very much up front.

bgraham111
    www.lightningrobotics.com and www.sallysgeckoranch.com

First the snake oil salesmen, now the snake.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBoyce View Post
    First the snake oil salesmen, now the snake.
    If that was directed at me, I take it as a complement. The crooks that try to take advantage of simple minded folk should be taken for a ride. Free energy dirtbags. (In case you couldn't tell, my post was all satire.)

Not much sets me off. But the total lack of scientific knowledge, and the urge to steal money, that these idiot-monsters petal, makes me mad.

I suppose I should let anyone stupid enough to fall for these machines get taken in, but I'd rather insult them back into their caves.

Sorry... I've calmed down now. Back to violating the laws of physics.
    bgraham111

I know your well written post was satire and am sorry if the snake reference offended. But we all know that is what they deserve, a nice big poisonous one.

It is only about a week until their big public display of a working machine on December 11th. I figure that on the 12th all of the major news networks will be leading with a story about the availability of unlimited free energy followed shortly by the collapse of oil prices since no one will need it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBoyce View Post
    I know your well written post was satire and am sorry if the snake reference offended. But we all know that is what they deserve, a nice big poisonous one.
    It's all good!
    bgraham111

Quote Originally Posted by dogsop View Post
    It is only about a week until their big public display of a working machine on December 11th. I figure that on the 12th all of the major news networks will be leading with a story about the availability of unlimited free energy followed shortly by the collapse of oil prices since no one will need it any more.
    odds on a last minute delay?

Quote Originally Posted by mmcp42 View Post
    odds on a last minute delay?
    It will most likely be delayed until 12/22/12, the Mayan calendar will expire the day before, the world will end and we will all perish, therefore never finding out that unlimited free energy can't be extracted from a vacuum.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by dogsop View Post
    Oh, the Pope is doing his first tweet on the 12th. This must be what he is announcing to the world!!!

Matt

Well the big day is here and this was posted on the PESWiki website which previously posted article after article about how wonderful this Inteligentry engine was going to be.

Inteligentry Poised for Egg-on-the-Face at Power-Gen

This was posted yesterday but updated today to say that no working engine is going to be displayed.

Inteligentry is promising to be at CES in January. I'm sure they will have a working engine by then.

This thread is one of my favorite shows.

Their website looks like it was written by a bi-polar schizophrenic.

I do think that team is smart, however. Stupid con-men don't last long. Smart con-men can get away with alot. And it's almost impossible to sue them, since they will just say they are still working on it, and it was an "investment." They are using classic skills to take money away from people. It's almost as good as the penny auction websites.
    bgraham111

Quote Originally Posted by bgraham111 View Post
    This thread is one of my favorite shows.
    In many ways I think the funniest part of the whole thing is the Sterling Allan guy and his pesn.com site. He seriously wants to believe that free energy is possible and is sure that one of these scammers is going to be the one who can make it happen.

Several months ago he was sure it was these guys. Now he is trashing them because they failed to produce a working product. Right in the middle of a long article trashing these guys he stops to say that he is working on a story about a European company that has a free energy technology read to demo. In a few months he'll be writing about how they let him down and jumping on the next scam.

You almost get the feeling that the people reporting on this stuff like it is actually possible are part of the scam.
    bgraham111

NEWS FLASH!!!

Finally!!!

Inteligentry, Plasmic Transition Process (tm) Technology HOME Page

.... ok. we're waiting...........

It is fun (and sad making) to read their stuff. There is so much gobbledy gook that it is impossible to counter it with anything other than "Thermodynamics Rules"; so it cannot work. And the sad thing is that people who don't know anything about thermodynamics will get suckered in and even some people who have some knowledge will get suckered in because they want to believe.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    There is so much gobbledy gook that it is impossible to counter it with anything other than "Thermodynamics Rules"; so it cannot work.
    I blame quantum mechanics.

Seriously, most of these scammers steal terms from quantum mechanics to make up explanations for how their scams "could" work. In the middle of a long thread of people trashing Inteligentry for failing to produce a working product some poor sucker wrote this:
    I am a stockholder and OEM Product Licensee with Inteligentry.

Before I invested in this technology, I carefully investigated the reality of the physics involved. Although many skeptics find it hard to believe, there really is a way to coax free energy out of the Zero Point, using the 4th state of matter (Plasma).

I personally visited John Rohner at his business in Las Vegas, and found him to be extremely intelligent and competent as both an Electronics Engineer and Embedded Systems Software developer. I ought to know because I have been a Senior Electronics Engineer and Embedded Systems Software engineer myself for over 25 years. All of the electronics designs are brilliant, and the software that John is developing in his controllers is absolutely real!
    As long as the scammers can sell the idea that zero point energy or vacuum energy is some sort of magic where the rules of thermodynamics don't apply they can find people who will give them money.

Page 3 of 4 1234