585,717 active members*
3,884 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mazak qt10 t2

hello i have amazak qt10ts control need to no how to convert from imperial to metric and how do i set up toll measuring arm ,i had ago and tool seams to be wrong side of turret :violin:

HI

set F91 in EIA/ISO parameters to 00000000 machine must be in refference point,
    turn off NC turn off machine , then turn on

thats for turning into metric system

Parameter (R2390)-The measurement of the distance between the deceleration sensor
    to the skip sensor. This distance will not normally need to be adjusted unless the
    sensors have been replaced. After replacing the sensor load any tool into the spindle.
    In manual mode move the tip of the tool to the tip of the measure unit until the input
    address for the deceleration sensor is made (input address can be located in the PLC
    or Electrical Circuit Diagrams). At this point change the z-axis position to (0.0000).
    Now move the z-axis more in the minus direction until the skip sensor is made or it
    sounds a beep. Now compare the new # displayed for z-axis position to the value
    written in parameter R2390. The result should be within (+ .008”). If not within move
    the replaced sensor and recheck.
    · Parameter (R2392)-The measurement of the z-axis Skip position. This parameter is
    often adjusted if the measure unit has been moved. To properly adjust you must first
    find the actual length of a tool while in the spindle. With any tool place an indicator
    set at zero on the tip of the tool. Now zero the value in the z-axis position on the
    display screen. Next in a manual mode move the indicator away from the tool, and
    then move the tip of the indicator to the face of the spindle until the indicator reads
    zero again. Record the new value now displayed on the position page. You are now
    ready to do an auto tool measure. (Note: The parameters R2396 and R2398 must have
    already been set correctly) In the MDI mode select Auto Tool Measure from the
    menu buttons and input the tool # that you just manually measured. Next cycle start
    (you may choose to slow the rapid feed down the first time). After the tool has been
    measured go to the tool data page and compare the actual tool length to the auto tool
    measured length. If there are any differences adjust R2392 by the difference.
    · Parameter (R2396)-The y-axis start position of tool length measure. This parameter is
    often adjusted if the measure unit has been moved. To properly adjust you must first
    select a tool. In manual mode move the tool to the measure unit until the center line of
    both are matched. The new value now displayed on the position screen under machine
    y-axis is the new value of R2396.
    · Parameter (R2398)-The x-axis start position of tool length measure. This parameter is
    select a tool. In manual mode move the tool to the measure unit until the center line of
    both are matched. The new value now displayed on the position screen under machine
    x-axis is the new value of R2398.

R parameters are somewhere in Diagnostic menu i think

Thumbs up

You don't even know what control he has!?! The info provided is for a 640T I think. QT10 machines were never fitted with that control. It could be anything from a T-1 to a T+.

hello my machine is mazak qt10 with a t2 control,problem i have is changing machine to metric ,the graphics show the tool to be the wrong side of the turret ,can some body help out with this ?also how do i set tool measuring arm up:drowning: