585,556 active members*
3,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Posting Toolpaths in WRONG SEQUENCE
Page 1 of 2 12

Posting Toolpaths in WRONG SEQUENCE

Hi

I generated code yesterday and completed machining the top half of a small part.

Now I have setup a second Machine Setup, have generated the toolpaths which I can see but when I click both simulate and post it does not post the first facing toolpath in the second setup. I am using Mach 3 Mill Rev 1 Metric post

I have selected only the toolpaths I want to post. I can post the facing toolpath if I deselect all other toolpaths. See images below. Bit of a pain having to post and copy and paste separate toolpaths together.

Need help a.s.a.p.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails facing_post_error_1.jpg   facing_post_error.jpg  

Image of simulation problem. It is not recognising that this facing toolpath exists even though it has generated the toolpath!

Apologies that I pasted image over image over image.

How can this problem be resolved

I have tried selecting different post processors, changing toolpath parameters and start point and regenerating toolpaths - no luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails facing_post_error_3.jpg  

OK I ran simulation slowly and have discovered it is running the Face toolpath at the very end (last op) - Simulation/Posting Sequence is incorrect.

It has not posted the toolpaths in the correct sequence using Save As

What version ?

V2 Mill Pro for SolidWorks

Brian

What do you have set as the Machining Order in both the "Part" and the "Default" settings, possible this may need setting differently ? ?

Regards

HI. It is currently set as

Individual Tool per machine setup for both part and default

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Brian

What do you have set as the Machining Order in both the "Part" and the "Default" settings, possible this may need setting differently ? ?

Regards

Yea... What he said

Ok. I have changed to individual feature ans that has sorted it.

One other thing. The Face mill seems to keep defaulting to S157 where I have the tool set as S4000 as default?

Also in the Simulation mode how do I set it to run the first setup and then the second setup.

Also there seems to be a bug here

When I select 'Compute All Toolpaths' by right clicking Milling tools it creates a Z Level rough which goes right through the part - Image 1 - green toolpath created from other side of part

If i right click the toolpath and click Compute it is correct???? - Image 2

This is a simple part and I will not have the time to go through large parts in such detailed a fashion. I only noticed this on the machine toolpath display. This is starting to worry me a bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image 1.jpg   Image 2.jpg  

That's weird, what does the simulation do? Also goes through the part?

I set my default Machine Order to Feature. I know exactly when each operation will be called. There are times to change it, when drilling a lot of different size holes using the same spotting drill, but even in those cases I will change my Tool Pattern and remove the "Center Drill" from the Hole feature and just add an operation for spotting to avoid changing the Machine Order.

It's a nice feature if you use the compound operations a lot (Pocket - Rough and Finish Tool; Profile - Rough and Finish Tool). If you tend to use only the "Rough Tool" and leave the "Finish Tool" blank a lot like I do, you will prefer the order to go by feature.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    That's weird, what does the simulation do? Also goes through the part?

I set my default Machine Order to Feature. I know exactly when each operation will be called. There are times to change it, when drilling a lot of different size holes using the same spotting drill, but even in those cases I will change my Tool Pattern and remove the "Center Drill" from the Hole feature and just add an operation for spotting to avoid changing the Machine Order.

It's a nice feature if you use the compound operations a lot (Pocket - Rough and Finish Tool; Profile - Rough and Finish Tool). If you tend to use only the "Rough Tool" and leave the "Finish Tool" blank a lot like I do, you will prefer the order to go by feature.
    Simulation goes right through part

Brian

You appear to have another Z level rough in the first machine setup, it`s possible the "compute all toolpaths" may be seeing and showing them both as they both have the same name, or because you haven`t stopped them all posting, only hid the toolpaths in setup one ? ? May help to rename one of them ? ?
    I always give every feature it`s own name/description that is unique to it, saves confusion here anyway

Sticking them on their own layers helps as well, much more control over the whole program that way

Just surmising, not 100% sure on the V2 in Solidworks as I don`t have it

Regards

I tried renaming the toolpaths and Blanking the first setup - no luck

The error is only happening on the Compute All Toolpaths option. It must be a bug.

A scary one however!

How do I get the simulation to do one setup or both?

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    I tried renaming the toolpaths and Blanking the first setup - no luck

The error is only happening on the Compute All Toolpaths option. It must be a bug.

A scary one however!

How do I get the simulation to do one setup or both?
    One thing I didn`t ask, seemed too basic

Are you actually blanking the Machine Setups at the setup and not just blanking the Features in the Machine Setup ? ?

That`s how I do it and it always works for me here, if I don`t want say the first 2 Machine setups to to post or simulate I select the Machine setup and "blank" that

Hope that made sense

Regards

Yes I am right clicking and blanking the machine setup. Still doesn't work correct

zip the file if you can,then we can figure it out

Yes I am right clicking and blanking the machine setup. Still doesn't work correct
    If so then I am not sure just what it is you are trying to achieve then because I can simulate any individual Feature or Machine Setup at will, turn one off and it won`t simulate, turn it on and it does simulate.

Doesn`t seem to make any difference here whether I use "compute toolpath" at the feature or the "Compute all Toolpaths" under the "Milling Tools" to create the toolpaths I can just turn off or on as desired

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Machine Setup Blanking.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	170702

Just added a second Machine Setup to a file of mine and did a "compute all toolpaths", deliberately didn`t touch the "compute toolpaths" at the feature.

As you can see from the attached image I have "blanked" the first Machine Setup and run the simulation for the second and it has only run the two features in the second machine setup.

Are you sure you don`t have some geometry "doubles" or similar that have been accidently selected ? ?

Like jrmach says, best to upload the bbcd file and we can try it out for you in a different environment/installation.

The only other thing that I do know of that can cause issues with Solidworks and the BobCAD Plugin is that you can`t have the file open in Solidworks at the same time as you are working with it in BobCAD V2, that may be the problem, as I have already said, I don`t have the V2, only V25 Pro so only surmising/guessing ? ? ?

Regards

Ok. I have tried a few things I have blanked the 1st setup and the simulation still runs it

see pic. Also the face toolpath is still screwed up even though it is is now set on individual feature in the machining order

:drowning::drowning:

It has a lot of bugs this package

I can only save as a .SLDPRT file there is no .bbcd option
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post_error_1.jpg   post_error.jpg  

Ok. I have tried a few things I have blanked the 1st setup and the simulation still runs it

see pic. Also the face toolpath is still screwed up even though it is is now set on individual feature in the machining order

:drowning::drowning:

It has a lot of bugs this package

I can only save as a .SLDPRT file there is no .bbcd option
    Sorry, I`ve looked at your images and you haven`t blanked the first Machine setup in either image, you must have Red Xs in BOTH sets of boxes by selecting both the toolpath blanking AND the Post blanking, if you have any feature where both boxes don`t have Red Xs in them then it will simulate, that I think is where you have gone a little off track

Regarding the Facing issue without seeing the file it isn`t an easy thing to answer, you should be able to save out the BobCAD file when you are working in the BobCAD environment, otherwise you would have to re-do all the features, toolpaths etc as I am pretty sure that the Solidworks file won`t save all the BobCAD features etc out with it.

By all means save it out as a .sldprt and Zip it up for posting, my BobCAD should open an sldprt file and I`ll have a look at your facing issue if I it does indeed bring all the BobCAD Features and toopaths with it.
    Will also need the Post processor you are using.

One small tip if you don`t mind me mentioning it, I notice you appear to have a huge solid in the sim that I can only assume is your spindle ? ? If so my advice for what it`s worth is not to use that unless absolutely necessary, the more solids you run in the simulation the more you are likely to compromise it`s performance, I never even use toolholders unless I really need to see if I am clearing a fixture/clamp etc.

If the flute length is correctly set at the tool then it is easy to spot any problems.

P.S. Most of BobCADs "bugs" are usually the two legged variety hitting the keyboards

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12