585,715 active members*
3,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori Seiki MSC-501 - EX2060 Error

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Mori Seiki MSC-501. Every once in a while, when operator presses the door opening button, there is "EX2060 safety circuit i/o signal error (R1621.7)", and machine stops for good (needs hard reset). I checked signals from guard lock during normal operation, and everything is fine, so I guess there is something going on with PLC. Did anyone have this problem? Any ideas how to solve this?

Best Regards

Maybe a bad connection somewhere in the signal wiring?

The manual says....

EX2060
    SAFETY CIRCUIT I/0 SIGNAL ERROR
    Any one of the following signal input/output to/from each sequence is abnormal;

Motor emergency stop signal
    Motor power shut-off signal
    Motor stop signal

Typical door lock solenoid failure. It is "double taping", another words the switch is bouncing for the unlock solenoid in the door lock. Only remedy is to replace the door switch. All World machine parts usually has them in stock. ~300 each.

Not quit sure about "double taping" door lock has been replaced as the first possible cause. Problem remains though. I tried to force this error, and during about 200 tries it pop up only 3 times. I also pulled the door lock plug from the PLC, and the only thing was "door open" message, and machine didn't crash as it was with the EX2060.

@fordav11 is it possible that you can send me manual that you mentioned?

Door Interlock

Other then what people have posted above about replacing the switch and it sounds like you have done that. Which interlock do you have on the machine? Mori uses several types. I believe you probably have one of the interlocks with the little Knob and triangle star key that can be turned which allows you to turn it and pull the knob in order to allow you to open door with power off.

If you have played with that knob on the new interlock (if equipped) it does not always return to its position. May want to try to actuate it then release again. Also what interlock modules do these go into in the back cabinet? Generally there are two grey interlock boxes or one black box depending on that vintage of control. What is the LED status on these boxes?

Best regards,
    Tcguy

This alarm is not really well defined in the standard manual set. Mori has a internal document for troubleshooting the safety circuit I/O module. I will check later tonight and see if I still have it. It is possible a relay is going bad if it has the Elan type safety I/O. Before I pull up the file if I still have it, I would need to know what module it has ( Elan,Idec, Mori APSFT, etc.). Another question I would ask, has this machine lost parameters, since it could be a timer not set right, and how far does the X axis drop when you hit emergency stop.

Quote Originally Posted by japi View Post
    is it possible that you can send me manual that you mentioned?
    the alarm info comes from the Electrical Wiring and Ladder Diagram manual for my machine (not a MSC-501). the basic description of the alarms is the same but everything else is different so the manual I have won't help you.
    also it's paper and ~2000 pages..... so the short answer is no.

@TCguy
    My interlock doesn't have manual open option (doesn't have a knob). There is no dedicated interlock controler in the cabinet. Interlock itself is Guardmaster.

@underthetire
    Interlock is wired to the Mori Seiki AP-DTR-RY board, then signals from this board go to the AP-DTP-BC board with I/O modules on it (all yellow - safety? - looks rather like PLC I/O to me). Also, machine did not lose any parameters.

@fordav
    Sure thing, thanks anyway.

Thank you all for your posts. Keep it coming

do you have the Electrical and Ladder manuals for your machine? I'm guessing not? That would the next step to pursue (from Mori Seiki). Or just call in a Mori service guy if you need the machine working 100% reliably right now.