586,005 active members*
4,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Can't see toolbars

Can't see toolbars

I have an issue running X6.

I received a new computer and re-loaded up X6 and can no longer view the tool bars in the ribbon on the top of the screen.
    I also noticed if I right click on the open space of the screen the tool bars refuse to show up.
    One thing I tried was copy and pasting the mastercam.mtb and mcmx.config files from a computer that is working fine, but it did not work. Then I went and did a complete re-install and it has the same effect.
    I also open the tool bar states and there is nothing in there as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Dale

Maybe look at - Settings -Toolbar States - and make sure what you want is ticked

problem fixed

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I did fix it, I re-installed and had the same problem. so I then took everything associated to mastercam and dumped it.
    I then changed one thing in the set up process. There is a dialog box that told me that the "target file that exists is newer than the source" then it gives you the option to overwrite it.
    In the past installs I would hit "no" for fear of messing everything else up. This time I hit "yes" and walla! All is well!
    The other thing that I believe helped was even knowing I did a uninstall on both mastercam and mastercam for solidworks there were still some folders with files in them so I simply deleted them as well.

On the ticking in the tool states, that was one of the problems when I opened the tool states there was nothing in there.

Thanks again for the quick response in trying to help me!

Best,

Dale

Why would you be running Mastercam standalone and a lic of MC4SW on the same box unless you are a dealer or a teacher teaching both?
    The question that cam up was for the Hasp Drivers. the directorys paths got corrupted and the clean out and re-install put the paths correct.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

You are correct!

I am running off a teachers edition with a hasp.

This is why I come here for great answers. I'm only good for operating the computer and software, where as you all know the real nuts and bolts. I never would have been able to come up with solid answers as you folks do without allot of pain and suffering as was the case for me.

Keep up the good work people like me definitely need people like you to keep flying straight!

Thanks everyone!

Dale

Dale , what college you teach at? I teach at a local college to. we do not teach MC4SW yet.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Smith College

I instruct at Smith College and we use Mastercam for programming our metal working and wood working machines. We are working on further introducing our engineering students into Solidworks so they can be more in tune to real world applications containing simulations of their theories. I instruct in the Design and Fabrication Department and right now my big challenge is to produce a 3D topographic map out of foam core using a CNC Router. I must admit I'm more of a AutoCad person and usually 2D draw in that and then do my 3D work in Mastercam. The big problem with College work is everyone has their pet software they like to use and I could be getting files that were drawn in Rhino, Autocad, Solidworks, Sketchup, Illustrator, etc,,,,, and then have to make them work which can be a challenge at best.

Best Regards,

Dale

Morning Dale, thanks for sharing. I was thinking about your project 3D topographic map, Do you have Mastercam Art in your school?
    Also taking files from other software's can be a pain at times.I have gotton used to as I have been doing for over 20 years and seen all kinds of things I talk about the issue an my class's. Feel free to contact me if you have issues. been using MC for over 25 years now.

Good luck Dale and enjoy.
    Cadcam