584,850 active members*
4,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Maltese Falcon

Hi,i saw this books that has plans and tips about building the Maltese Falcon engine,its a 260cc flat four engine.
    any one built the engine?
    i didnt found any info about the engine in google,only about the movie :tired:

I found a book you can buy that has the plans for the engine. Here's the link (the book is near the the bottom of the page).

http://www.camdenmin.co.uk/Const.htm

i know..
    i saw the book..

Here is another site that has a few more details on this engine. It is still an advertisment, but they do offer a video and castings. You may have seen this already also.

MINIMAG

Moden Engine News

DC

yep saw it,i talked to ron from modelenginenews,he was very helpful and pointed me to some info about the engine.

CNCwanaBe I believe you can find more info on this type of engine in the area of Radial aircraft engines where they are more appropriately called "X" engines or "Cruciform" engines. Flat four is the usual description for a flat opposed 4-cylinder such as used in Subaru & Porsche cars. Flat opposed engines are great for aircraft as well. Continental & Lycoming are flat opposed engines.
    DZASTR

Quote Originally Posted by Cnc Wana bee View Post
    Hi,i saw this books that has plans and tips about building the Maltese Falcon engine,its a 260cc flat four engine.
    any one built the engine?
    i didnt found any info about the engine in google,only about the movie :tired:
    RCM&E (or one of the UK Radio Controlled Aircraft magazines for sure)did a write up about it several years ago. Lovely looking engine but a little out off my league unfortunately.