4,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc problem

fanuc 0-m series

anyone can help me to solve the fanuc o-m series
    alarm
    998 rom parity F81 OE2

looks like a bad system eprom chip (in sockets on the memory board). Do you know the software version? We may be able to send you a copy of the software and someone locally can program new ones.

is that need new PLC?

Did you mean the chip was broken,

and have to reprogram the new PLC to the cnc machine?

can i burn the EPROM from other machine with same PLC?

or i need to reprogram the new one.

because i have the hard copy of PLC, but dont have the soft copy.

Yes, I am referring to the plc software. The chip in location F81 (OE@) is defective. If you have an eprom programmer, you can read a good eprom to program a new eprom (don't trust the old one). Hard copy is useless, since you have to enter the info manually into the control. You don't have the ability to program from the control (we do!).

you should only need to clear memory not replace chips. however clearing memory you will have to reload all parameters and data screens. if you have a good backup of all parameters your more than halfway there.

I strongly disagree. During powering up the software determined that the checksum of the identified eprom is incorrect. This has nothing to do with the sram data, and DO NOT delete it at this stage.

PLC programming

regarding to you info,

that mean I have to rewrite the PLC of my machine use is it?

but i thought the PLC programming must follow to my machine wiring connection.

if you are able to help me, then i need to provide the machine ladder diagram and my hard copy of PLC programming?

memoryman is saying you simply need to replace one EPROM with a new chip programmed with the correct data and your problem should be fixed. the task is very easy if you have an EPROM programmer and an exact same EPROM to copy or a binary data file backup of that EPROM. forget all the other stuff about PLC/ladder etc.
    if you can't understand the answer and/or you can't do the repair yourself you need to get help from someone local to do the repair for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hitachibos View Post
    you should only need to clear memory not replace chips. however clearing memory you will have to reload all parameters and data screens. if you have a good backup of all parameters your more than halfway there.
    I would agree with hitachibos. You only need to clear memory and your problem will be solved. Do you have a memory backup?
    Regards
    Alex

This appears to be a hardware problem with the chip or the board it is seated into. Unless you have a good backup, I wouldn't clear the memory just yet. You didn't mention what type of 0 control this is 0-A, B, C or D.

Also does the control have a PMC-M board? This would be a seperate board where the chips are located. If it is using this board you can remove it and reseat the chips without a memory loss.

You mentioned that you have another machine with the same software. Pull the good chips and have someone make a copy. If the new chips do not fix the problem replace the board they are mounted on (PMC-M or MEM board)

my machine is using oi-mc fanuc controller

and i find out there is one problem, which is when i key in the parameter.

after i input from 900 to 920 parameter, then only the alarm will show out!

998 rom parity F81 OE2

so that mean my eprom are need to replace or any other else, for the eprom can i copy from other machine? or i need to reprogram again? what software can write the PLC or i just follow the program from my hard copy which is the only information that i have?

thanks

998 rom parity F81 OE2 does not apply to the 0i-c controls; their ladder is stored on the FROM module.
    As I said before, replace the chip in location F81 (on the memory board) with a known good one. NOTHING ELSE SHOULD BE DONE.

Try to power up without the chip in location F81. This is not a 0i control, it is a 0C control.
    Regards
    Alex

sorry i am giving the wrong information.

my machine is 0-mc

no oi-mc.

or can the EPROM at OE2 change to other place?

because i found that the EPROM at OE1 and OE2 are same but dont known the programming control at EPROM same or not????

Quote Originally Posted by beh1978 View Post
    or can the EPROM at OE2 change to other place?

because i found that the EPROM at OE1 and OE2 are same but dont known the programming control at EPROM same or not????
    No, you cannot swap this two chips.
    Just take out F81.
    Regards
    Alex

Sounds like a bad memory card to me. Two chips being flagged as bad, bet the artwork is bad- the 0-C IMO suffered from the worst artwork Fanuc ever did on a card...vertical traces on backside of card almost always have telltale trace blistering, as well as the one horizontal trace across the top of the memory sockets- almost all our ram parity issues are due to that single top trace being burnt. Soooo sick of bridging traces on those things...

When Fanuc went to cheep plastic framed cards, stressed them with double stacked connectors, AND reduced the copper trace sizes, it was a sad day. I have not seen a single 0-C axis card that wasn't bananna shaped from the weight of the cables on the double stacked connectors/lack of metal frame. WDALM on axe cards usually from either bad backside traces(stretched from the bowing) or poorly socketed axis PLCC axis chips( sockets flexed from board bowing).

When they changed to Honda PCR series plugs, sadder day yet. I absolutely hate that piece of **** connector design. NEVER had a Honda MR series fail, hundreds of newer PCR's though. Machines tend to get dirty, tend to vibrate, PCR'S don't like either...just to save a 1/8 inch "of real estate on the PCB" as our sales rep presented it.

I'll prefer a robust/ limited 0-A any day, better yet a old 6...

The memory board could be a problem, but not likely. As to the 'blistering', that is the solder mask, NOT the copper trace. Personally never had a problem with that board (there are two versions: A16B-2201-120x and A16B-2201-021x).

Re: fanuc problem

In my experience you have a dead motherboard, sorry gonna cost you.