585,602 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

6535 controller issues

Hello,

We have run into a few issues the last two days that have shut down our machine.

When we start the machine up it does not stop on the limit switches, we have to it the stop buttons.

It started cutting files from where ever the head is located, I think I read how to fix that but this last issue is the big problem.

I cannot load any programs from a USB stick, I get an "out of memory" error. We have deleted many files I do not think it is an honest issue.

Do I need to re-install the firmware? If so can anyone describe how to do it?

Can the controllers be reset?

Thanks I need to get this fixed, of course it happened when two big jobs came in.

Thanks
    Tom

Hi Tom

For the cutting at laser head place: in lasercut on the left side just above STOP there is a checkbox with immediate. when this is unchecked the laser will go to the area where your item is located on the bed on your screen. when it is checked the laser wil start where your laser head is located.

Is the limit switch wired correctly maybe a lose wire? else try to replacing the limit switch.

For the out of memory problem try to delete every file on the laser via computer and/or via the controller on the laser. After that draw a square or circle on the bed and download it. When this works, try to import a larger file.

Thanks for the reply,

We know about the immediate check box, what is happening is that files that reside on the controller without the box checked are running like they are.

We have a large flat bed with 3 limit switches, logic tells there is no way that they all failed or the wires came loose at the same time.

I deleted enough files on the controller so we should not have gotten an "Out of Memory" error.

I read in the instructions as best I could as to how to reload the cfg file but I do not know where to find it. Does anywhere know where the firmware file is and how to reload it on the controller?

I am hoping a firmware reload will solve all the problems at once, as they all happened at once.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyenNJ View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

We know about the immediate check box, what is happening is that files that reside on the controller without the box checked are running like they are.

We have a large flat bed with 3 limit switches, logic tells there is no way that they all failed or the wires came loose at the same time.

I deleted enough files on the controller so we should not have gotten an "Out of Memory" error.

I read in the instructions as best I could as to how to reload the cfg file but I do not know where to find it. Does anywhere know where the firmware file is and how to reload it on the controller?

I am hoping a firmware reload will solve all the problems at once, as they all happened at once.

Tom
    Hi Tom ,

I send email to you on how to check the fireware ,also I 'd like to know the computer system you used now and the driver is installed or not . Waiting for you reply and hope we can solve your problem in the shortest time .

XYZ Machinery

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyenNJ View Post
    Hello,

We have run into a few issues the last two days that have shut down our machine.

When we start the machine up it does not stop on the limit switches, we have to it the stop buttons.

It started cutting files from where ever the head is located, I think I read how to fix that but this last issue is the big problem.

I cannot load any programs from a USB stick, I get an "out of memory" error. We have deleted many files I do not think it is an honest issue.

Do I need to re-install the firmware? If so can anyone describe how to do it?

Can the controllers be reset?

Thanks I need to get this fixed, of course it happened when two big jobs came in.

Thanks
    Tom
    Hello Tom ,

Another issure when you can not download by USB stick , can you download files successfully by software directly ? Does this U disk can finish downloading before ? U disk format : Fat 16 . and the RAM should not be too large or it can not recogenize .

XYZ Machinery