585,712 active members*
3,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser tube types.

Hi guys,

I have tried to find answers by using google but it does not seem to work.

Can anybody explain the difference in laser tubes apart from whether they are metal or glass.

I am looking for a laser cutter with size 900x600 or slightly bigger(up to 1300x1300) that can cut clean and fast up to 20mm mdf/plywood.

For the budget I have(up to 30K delivered to Asutralia) they seem to be a very limited choice and I think I have to consider Chinese brands but that is not an issue. I am trying to understand what kind of tube I need to look for.

Just two days ago I was considering either generic short life glass tubes(300-400W) or a metal Firestar tube up to 400W. The last one quite expensive on its own and I do not think it is nearly close to my budget.

However two days ago I found youtube video with a laser with 200W GSI tube and I was impressed how fast it can cut 20mm MDF. Here is a link to it
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisYyjoOthQ]200w GSI cut20mm MDF.flv - YouTube[/ame]

It looks to me that it cuts 20mm MDF with the same speed as my Firestar 100W laser cuts 9mm MDF or even faster(something between 6mm thick(40mm/s) and 9mm thick(20mm/s)

Is that possible that 200W glass(?) tube from GSI can do 20mm so fast?

There is another video from GWeike with their 200W GSI tube and it is not as fast but quite impressive. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEsYK0B7Eso]GWEIKE LASER CUTTING MACHINE ON WOOD(GSI 200W TUBE) - YouTube[/ame]

If that's true and they do it 20mm so fast what price I should expect to pay for decent quality 200W GSI laser? I would rather save and get a machine up to 1000x1000mm than pay extra for 1300x1300mm size. My current laser is 900x600 and that's a decent size. 10-20% more working space is good but I do not want to pay too much for extra 40% space.

Also a last one about these GSI tubes, are they good for engraving? I do not do engraving a lot but it is nice to have this feature with a new machine.

Hi, dear ozstockmanm

Chinese large power glass tubes are not so steady. The largest power Reci produces is W8 (180W). While even it matchs with servo motor and ball screw, maybe it can still cut around 15mm plywood. While the low price is the advantage. 1/4-1/3 of your budget.

GSI is good choice if you want very fast speed and quality cutting. The price is just within your budget. It is not good for engraving.

-------------------
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Attn: sales manager: Melody

Quote Originally Posted by Gweikelasers View Post

GSI is good choice if you want very fast speed and quality cutting. The price is just within your budget. It is not good for engraving.

-------------------
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Attn: sales manager: Melody
    Thank you Melody.

What working area do you offer with 200W GSI tube? I guess your 1300x1300mm comes with GSI tube. Is there anything slightly smaller?

Also can you please advise cutting speed for 9mm,16mm and 18mm mdf that can be achived with 200W GSI tube? Some sellers mention 4-5mm/sec but on your video it seams faster. And that video as I can see has been done with for 20mm thick MDF.

GSI are good tubes whit gold plating on the inner glass the problem is the price near 6000euros but quality is fantastic

Re: Laser tube types.

Sir

We supply high quality laser machine and we can meet with you budget... our machine is garanteed even though we are chinese but trust me our machine have high quality and reliable.
    If youre interesed please contact me on: [email protected]

Thank you