584,862 active members*
6,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Unhappy PLANE function not possible! iTnc 530

Hi all

I have been learning Heidenhain for a few months now, as we have just got hold of a 5axis mac with iTNC 530 - 34049x - 03 version on it.

It has both software options and FCL3.

My problem is, Im not sure what Im doing wrong or if the machineis actually capable, but I'm trying to use the Plane Spatial function. I get the following error

PLANE function not possible!

This error I can recreate on the programming station ver 340494 - 02

But Plane spatial should be allowed in the programming station as it also has FCL3 etc.

I narrowed a program down to this

0 BEGIN PGM TEST MM
    1 BLK FORM 0.1 Z X+0 Y+0 Z+0
    2 BLK FORM 0.2 X+10 Y+10 Z+10
    3 PLANE SPATIAL SPA+5 SPB+5 SPC+5 STAY COORD ROT
    4 END PGM TEST MM

and still the same errror. Is there something I'm missing, maybe Kinematics are wrong, (but then Programming Station should work)

Really stuck here, so any help would be great. Maybe I need to call some M code or anything.

cheers for any help

pinguS

Install the latest programming station (340494-07 SP06)!
    Setup Type was set to "Typical (with examples)"!

User’s Manual HEIDENHAIN:

TNC model - NC software number
    iTNC 530......340 490-0x
    iTNC 530 E...340 491-0x
    iTNC 530......340 492-0x
    iTNC 530 E...340 493-0x
    iTNC 530 programming station..340 494-0x

The suffix E indicates the export version of the TNC. The export version of the TNC has the following limitations:
    - Simultaneous linear movement in up to 4 axes

The machine tool builder adapts the usable features of the TNC to his machine by setting machine parameters. Some of the functions described in this manual may therefore not be among the features provided by the TNC on your machine tool.

Ok I will check the exact tnc model, im assuming using the program edit then mod key. But it is a full 5 axis machine, Dugard X5.

Reason why I installed -02 version of programming station is so I do not play with features not relevant to our tnc version. But I have noticed on the programming station the machine kinetics/tables seem to be faulty. If I wanted to edit them on the programming station, is this possible , do i need to convert to ASCII first?. If there is something set wrong in our machine, i will call the machine builders out to correct.

Hi again

I have checked the machine, it has the following version

340490 03 SP10

Also I did a simple movement in "L" and it DOESN'T moves all 5 axis, it throws alarm PLANE function not possible! 8
    So I'm not sure whats going on. All I did was after BLK def add the following lines, without any PLANE SPATIAL movement
    TOOL CALL 1 Z S1000
    L Z+200 R0 FMAX
    L X50. Y50. Z50. A45. C180. R0 FMAX

then the alarm came up.

The table can move 360 deg in C and -95/+95 in A

If I do plane reset or PLANE SPATIAL SPA0 SPB0 SPC0 STAY COORD ROT instead of the previous said lines
    there is not alarm

One thing I did notice, now not sure if this is correct. When I program the line
    L X50. Y50. Z50. A45. C180. R0 FMAX

I press the L key
    then type 50 > then the right key > type 50 for Y > then the right key > type 50 for Z > then the right key > then 45 for A > then the right key, but here it asks me for B input, my machine doesnt have a B input. but I can change this to C. If I type an input into B, pressing the right key DOESNT call up C, it moves straight to R0

Got to be something I'm not programming, got to be damn it...

Ok I worked out what PLANE function not possible! 8 meant, this was reading ahead and saying the original alarm not possible, so if I take out the PLANE SPATIAL line, the machine does move in all 5 axis, (bloody fast too).

So back to the original problem, what is the PLANE SPATIAL missing. As said before it is at Software Level 2 and FCL level 3. All 5 axis move and on version 340490 03 SP10

Nope still cant work it out, could it possibly be the Kinemat***.tab file ?? incorrect

Kinematics problem

Hello,

This has to be a problem of kinematics. Maybe your machine is configured to work so that the "Angles correspond to the position of the tilting
    axes of the head/table".
    In that case you will get the error message: PLANE function not possible.
    (tested that also with programming starion)

So, you need to change the kinematics to work with "Spatial angles".
    That is done in the main kinematic file. The name of the file you can check from OEM.SYS

Then you need to set the bit 1 on column MP7500 to 1.

Can you manage that?

Jukka

Hi

I can give It a go, but I'm having connection issues to my server from machine, for some reason when trying to share directory it's not working, I'm assuming this is how you back all of heidenhain, just in case. Have you tried changing the kinematic files on the program station to see if it works, I did, but still get same alarm.

I did this by converting the bin-ASCII files, open as tab delimeted in excel, changed the bit ina mp7500 to 1 then convert back, but still same alarm. I using version -02 of programming station, because I can recreate the alarm in it.

Is it only the mp7500 bit needs changing? I will give it a go in the machine tomorrow, after I made a copy first, but, to do this, don't I need to be able to connect to a pc first, or can they be edited in the machine directly? Can you pm me instructions, don't worry I'm computer literate, so shouldn't be a problem.

On the connection side, I'm using dhcp, which the server detects the machine, but can't get it to mount drive, I tried various ways of putting user name and password into it also. It's connecting to a Microsoft server

Cheers for the info by the way

Programming station to connect with TNCremo
    TNCremo setting Extras / Configuration / Connection -> Local connection (TCP / IP looback)
    The TNCremo automatically converted where necessary ...
    The machine manufacturer PLC and MP changes the password (in the PM does not go away, because "Stored pinguS has exceeded their private messages quota and can not accept further messages until They clear some space.")

Check the following:

- PLC:\OEM.SYS:
    KINEMATIC = PLC:\KINEMAT\KINELIST.TAB

- PLC:\KINEMAT\KINELIST.TAB:
    NR MP7500 FILE MPFILE DOC
    0 7 PLC:\KINEMAT\KINEMAT0.TAB PLC:\MP\KINEMAT0.MP

- PLC:\KINEMAT\KINEMAT0.TAB
    NR MP7510 MP7520 MP7530 MP7550 TEMPCOMP
    0 1 11 0 0
    1 2 11 0 0
    2 4 11 -519.9807 0
    3 32 01 0 0
    4 2 01 0.0835 0
    5 4 01 -50.2295 0
    6 8 01 0 0
    7 0 01 0 0
    [END]
    MP7530 column data bit different! This is another machine parameters ...

In the PLC:\MP\ directory *. MP files (parameter SUBFILE) do not open the controller! Use the program TNCremo!

Hi,

Yes I have checked the mp7500 value, which is currently 5 which equals 101 in binary, I have contacted the manufacturer to give me password, hopefully they change to 7, which will be 111 in binary. They given password for the machine parameters, but the plc area still only read only.

I've cleared out my private message box now...

Cheers

Yep it worked, it was parameter MP7500 had to equal 7 or 111 in binary. So I will test and give an update, but so far so good.

Re: PLANE function not possible! iTnc 530

hello, sir
    i have a problem with tilting axes in i TNC 530 ,help me please
    may machine is 3 axis machine with HEIDENHAIN iTNC 530 340491E with FCL2.
    I active software option 1 for working with tilting axes and in SIK page there is a check that show this option is active but the 3D ROT. soft key is not appear and when i want to start cycle 19 this error " lock axis programmed" shown,
    I read your posts you upgrade your software FCL to 3 but your problem was remain, what can i do?
    thank you so much

Hi.

We already had FCL 3 on the machine. However the lock axis alarm i am assuming you parameters havent been setup to allow 5 axis. We do not use Cycle 19 but program with plane spacial.

I can send you a snippet from one of our programs, but without knowing your machine WOULD NOT copy the program into your control to try...

Quote Originally Posted by saeedmohamadi View Post
    hello, sir
    I active software option 1 for working with tilting axes and in SIK page there is a check that show this option is active but the 3D ROT. soft key is not appear and when i want to start cycle 19 this error " lock axis programmed" shown,
    I read your posts you upgrade your software FCL to 3 but your problem was remain, what can i do?
    thank you so much

Thant you sir,

specification of our system are:
    Itnc 530 ,
    SIK ID:22526542 ,
    PERFORMANCE CLASS:MC 420 ID.NR.515929-02
    FEATURES : HEROS ,SP,EXPORT
    NC: software number 340491 03 SP 7
    FCL :2
    Installed software supports:3

For activation of option number# 8 (software option 1) we bought and enter license key (24557) to control then the code accepted and system show "option 8 has been set" and in SIK option page this option it seems to be set.

but there is no 3D ROT. soft key.
    MP 7500 is locked (hidden, and i cant edit it)

cheers for any help ,

Yes we had to change mp7500 after getting parameter password. You may need to do the same

thank you so much,

so you mean i dont need to change FCL 2 to 3 , or change SP7 to SP10.

is it possible help me how to get this password?

I will have to check our manual which version required the use of plane spacial, which i can do tomorrow. Regarding the password, this will be with your machine manufacturer who may be reluctant to give it. You can really mess us the machine if you change the wrong things... each manufacturer has their own password.

By the way which machine do you have?

Hi Sir
    thank you a lot,
    we are machine builder, we build 3 axis bridge type machine in Iran, we bought 10 control unit as i explained before, in the past we use i tnc 530 standard version control but we dont have this problem ,
    now one of our costumer want this option and we are in a big trouble, unfortunately we cant have relation with HEIDENHAIN company.
    we will happy if you help us

If your the machine builder. I assume you can access the plc: using tncremo. I believe parameters are there. But on our machine we needed a password to access even through tncremo. So the machine builder did it for us. If you can access without a password, you should be able to change parameters..

Quote Originally Posted by saeedmohamadi View Post
    hello, sir
    thank you so much
    To have the "3D ROT" softkey active you need to have the kinematic files correctly adjusted.
    In the OEM.SYS you define the main kinematic list with KINEMATIC = PLC:\KINEMATIC\KINELIST.TAB (example)
    After this in this file you define the kinematic measurements and other settings of your machine.
    What kind of tilting axes you have in you machine? Head or table?

Jukka

Page 1 of 2 12