585,931 active members*
5,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > NEED HELP! Fault Code x-axis (HURCO VMX24)

NEED HELP! Fault Code x-axis (HURCO VMX24)

Im having an issue with one of my Hurco CNC VMX24 mills. I am a shop owner and machinist myself with great hands on knowledge but this issue is out of my reach.

Heres my problem:

The machine seems to run fine somedays, but recently it has been constantly giving me trouble. The machines runs the program i create without any problems, but will stop and shut down randomly while running and even sometimes as its idling. Usually 2 errors pop up when this occurs. The shut down also tends to occur when i press the start button on the control.

The first and most common error states:

"SERVO FAULT-X AXIS"

The second error states:

ATC ERROR!!! SPINDLE NOT ORIENTED

I have contacted Hurco Canada and they have sent their engineer twice to try and solve the problem. His efforts were unsuccessful. The first time he mentioned that he directly connected the power (his exact words) and instead of through the connector. The second time he changed some parameters. After doing so each time the machine was fine for a day or a few hours but then the issue would reoccur the next day.

If anyone has any info, tips or suggestions to resolve this issue id be very grateful!

Thank you.

What is the drive model on your x-axis?
    What is the alarm on the x-axis drive?

X axis servo fault

Please contact Hurco 317-298-2635 ask for me Steve, what is your mill serial #. If you contact us we will do our best to help.

Hurco Service

Do you have mill running? If not please call Hurco Tech Support 317-298 2635.