585,597 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Troubling FANUC IPL question - how to enable G10 without resetting all memory on 11M

Troubling FANUC IPL question - how to enable G10 without resetting all memory on 11M

Hi folks. I search hard and long but did not find answer for that. I'd like to enable G10 option on my mill but can't find the information if it is possible without the need for resetting all parameters and pmc settings.
    Basically I just want single option turned on. I know which one it is in IPL mode, I know how to decode it into HEX, i backed up all params, programs and 9000 macros + recorded all PMC params on the phone. But I am bit anxious about the procedure.
    So do I need to go through restoring all those parameters back to the control after I go to IPL mode by pressing - and . and changing this option? Perhaps it's just possible to go to IPL change only the option you need exit and good to go?

Thank in advance.

Re: Troubling FANUC IPL question - how to enable G10 without resetting all memory on

In IPL mode you can enter the options in hex; likely you won't lose any data by only enabling G10. Do you know how to do this?

Re: Troubling FANUC IPL question - how to enable G10 without resetting all memory on

when you go to IPL menu you just need to press enter for options you want to keep and change the value only for the option you need to change

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    In IPL mode you can enter the options in hex; likely you won't lose any data by only enabling G10. Do you know how to do this?
    @memoryman, in theory I know. Never done this before. I'm IT guy so I know my ways around bytes and hex notation. I read on forums that you can go to IPL and by just press enter for options you don't change they stay the same. Supposedly at the end of the procedure it asks to clear the files (saw it on YT video) and this bit worries me. I don't want to risk clearing entire control from params and programs

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    when you go to IPL menu you just need to press enter for options you want to keep and change the value only for the option you need to change
    @zavateandu. When I only change an option I'm interested in it wont ask to clear the files at the end ?

I'm talking about this question: https://youtu.be/kCuRFmpyqao?t=196 Will I also get this question to clear after I change only one parameter?

The procedure or the 11 is not the same as the 15.
    "Supposedly at the end of the procedure it asks to clear the files (saw it on YT video) and this bit worries me." It will clear only what is necessary; for G10 it is very little.
    Btw, in IPL mode, enter "99", press ENTER, it will ask for # of axes, enter that, then the OPTIONS. Then answer Y (ok to CLEAR).
    You can lose your data anytime, so always be prepared to restore the data by having complete backups.