585,973 active members*
3,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 2100 Alarm 39-21

Smile Acramatic 2100 Alarm 39-21

Hello!
    i´ve just had an alarm in my VMC Cincinnati 750, Acramatic 2100, Arrow 2, it is: alarm 39-21. After it start it has given an usual error in the drive cards. usualy it pass when i push the Red Led, and it goes to RUN, sometimes it was needed to restart machine to solve. This time i´ve done it for 2 times and at de 3´rd this alarme came up: "Siemens 611 drives configuration error. Cause: there is a conflict of options selected. The MAI options set (...) does not match the ardware detected in the S_RACK_PRSNT[0] register.
    Remedy: correctly configure the MAI axis drive options:
    MAI option 1......
    (...)
    correct the configuration and then switch control power off and on"
    Does anyone can help with that.

Sorry about my inglish i´m from Portugal
    Thanks

I fear, you must first change your battery on the control and/or controlcomputer.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    I fear, you must first change your battery on the control and/or controlcomputer.
    thanks

and for that all i need to do is????

:idea:

have a battery type:?

and before:?

No, you must open the cases behind your monitor and the enclosure of the control and search a batterycase. I don't have a machine with that control, but the fault with lost parameters is normally an old battery.
    That works on nearly all controls.

Eventually you should ask Pete, he have tried to run his machine before retrofitting it, I think he had changed the battery(s) as well.

search other posts for the a2100 battery change BEFORE you do it!

there are TWO (2) and one can be changed ok, other will cause machine to need bios you probably do not have to be reloaded.

Learn what to do first. YOu might consider sending card(s) to Mallardfiz in UK to do for you to not loose bios.

Before you start changing the batteries, the option content on these controls is stored on the hard drive, not in RAM, so the batteries mentioned would have nothing to do with the options content in this control.

If someone has been making changes to your MAI options, they need to be changed back before doing any troubleshooting. If these do not match exactly what is on your machine, it will not work.

Assuming no one was changing your settings, I believe the MAI alarms will come up if there are issues with your profibus so the control is not seeing the components that it expects based on the MAI options configuration. I'd start by doing a quick check of all components in the profibus chain to make sure none of them is causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Before you start changing the batteries, the option content on these controls is stored on the hard drive, not in RAM, so the batteries mentioned would have nothing to do with the options content in this control.

If someone has been making changes to your MAI options, they need to be changed back before doing any troubleshooting. If these do not match exactly what is on your machine, it will not work.

Assuming no one was changing your settings, I believe the MAI alarms will come up if there are issues with your profibus so the control is not seeing the components that it expects based on the MAI options configuration. I'd start by doing a quick check of all components in the profibus chain to make sure none of them is causing the issue.
    thanks.
    But i don´t know what is MAI, anyone have made any changes on that because i´m the only one o works with it... how do i check the components in profibus, every single items in the simens simodrive start good, whitout any errors, but when i push green start after starting procedure (i have no problems there and no missing componentes refered in the start cheking list) the first "card" goes to RUN, the second has nothing visible, but the other 3 gives the normal start E-A613 and the error appears in the monitor...
    during the start i´ve watching the Siemens simodrive start and all 3 cards refered pass from E-A613 to Run for a short period and then to E-A613 again... i think for that the cards are ok, and what is missing is just MAI options configuration.

The problem starts when, in the starting process, the Y card (the first of 3) turns his red led on, i´ve pushed it but it didn´t goes run, i´ve swiched off and on the main and the red was on again, i´ve pressed it again and again and don´t goes RUN, i switched off and on the main again but this time when it starts the red led is no longer on, i thinked it was solved, but when i pusch start the alarme comes to the screen alarm 39-21...

the machine passes long time whithout work, probably the dead bateries have caused lost of configuration?
    If it is the MAI options how can i configure it? í have 2 hard disk clone i have tried to change it but the error is the same, i have tried to restore the configuratios from the original Disket and noting... i´m out of options now... can anyone explain how to check MAI options?

Thanks

Problem solved

Hello again,
    The problem has caused by a smal ( FU***ING) red button on the conectors from the purple cables in the Spindle card, acidently the position of the button have changed from OFF to On position and that has caused the error... the technical found the problem... i would never think that cause could be so simple...600€ ...ok i have changed batteries too...
    All cards should be on the OFF position except the last, it should be on ON position...

thanks for the help

STREEM

The switch you are referring to closes the profibus loop. Every Profibus system has these which must be configured properly for the communication to work properly. I've seen Profibus issues cause MAI alarms before, that's why I suggested starting there.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    The switch you are referring to closes the profibus loop. Every Profibus system has these which must be configured properly for the communication to work properly. I've seen Profibus issues cause MAI alarms before, that's why I suggested starting there.
    Ok thanks,
    now i know how to solve future errores like this one...